Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#225134 01/01/07 11:02 AM
OP Offline
If your not a resident can a person just walk into the city and get a permit for a golf cart without showing property ownership??

No

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
OP Offline
so does this mean if you rent or lease a place your can not bring a golf cart onto the island?? thats stupid....

you can hire a golf cart.

OP Offline
Of course I can hire a cart if I want to spend $1000 per month and waist my money. If i live there for a long time and have not become a resident I have to through away my money to get around the town. Thats very stupid and anti friendly to tourism. The city will be keeping people away from AC which means less tourism dollars spent on the island. Your in the real estate business. How is one expected to get around the island by foot or bike only.. I do not feel like haveing to be a slave waiting for a taxi all the time. I do not feel like walking that much.. Escrows can take several months from what I have read. Residency can take maybe 2 months for the QRP route or well over one year for the regular way. Thats a long time to be on foot...

If you buy one here on the island, there'll be a way to work it out.

OP Offline
So you can have one if bought on the island at a higher price. Higher price but thats better than nothing I guess. Does the same go for buying a persons car that is on the island.. If its already there you can keep it? Is that true??
What is the trick to carts or cars? Is it residency or property ownership??? Or do you need both???

You ask about getting a permit without proof you owned it. You have to show proof you bought the cart. Then you can apply for a permit to use it-this is not a quick process. Most folks ride on the old permit till they obtain their own. You do have to get insurance. Everything takes a lot of time here. If you can not wait, try Florida.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Why do you think it would be higher here? If you purchase one in US, ship it down, ship to island, pay duty and tax and fees...it will cost as much or more.

OP Offline
I just know of a place with good prices. If I go the QRP route then there is no duty. Will have to ship other items anyway. thanks for your help..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.