Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Pedro1 is a softy...

Not being a member of any currently existing peanut galleries, I will admit I wished him well on his move (who wouldn't envy that?). I vaguely remember some talk about him starting a business that I thought was kind of funny for SP, but I don't dwell on such things. What kind of business (if any) did he have?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I also wished him well, but the last time Pedro posted that Deacon welched on his bar tab, a few here jumped in and defended Deacon. Disclaimer: I have not had a drink yet today although it seems like I'm defending Peter.

L
L
To me, it is questionable and probably foolish to move to a place you only went to for several days in your life, without first doing major research about it. That is just me. Anyway, I heard a story from Deacon when there in November. If it is true, that is why he is gone (if he is gone).

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I also defended Deacon when the bar tab issue first surfaced. I knew him to a degree, but not to the extent that he tried to borrow money from me. I've since learned things that make me rather less sympathetic to Deacon and rather more to the people who trusted him and he took for a ride.

On the question of the bar tab, how many establishments around here would even allow someone new to Belize/the island (or anyone else come to that) to build up such a substantial balance? The one thing you can be sure of is if you give credit you'll end up losing out at least some of the time.

So let me get this straight...A Gringo moves to Belize with big plans, no money and a great line of BS. He has only been once before for a week.
Said Gringo runs into financial problems, after asking many to help back his foolproof business that will make loads of $$$$!
Gringo slips out of Belize under the darkness of night, owes various $$$ to numerous people.
Damn...This is a FIRST!! I'm gonna write a book about this...or even a song! I'll make millions!
I'm going to reserve judgement until the facts are in...but most of us saw it coming.

I didn't even know about the bar tab. Reaper, I think the book has been written and the song has been sung already, which makes the sarcasm a nice touch. Kind of makes you wonder whether this whole thing just developed in the traditional manner, or whether it was planned from the outset. No matter, outcome is the same.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
very tongue in cheek, reaper. it's sad tho. i continue to see that so many people that leave for a tropical 'paradise' are running away from something back home. or simply running from demons, who always seem to catch up to them.

shame, seemed like a nice guy, albeit quirky (like most of us). he even offered to officiate my marriage, gratis. oh well.

Song title:

Just Another Gringo No Longer In Belize

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
I think the chapter to this book should be closed ,Amen decon go in peace..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.