Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#225615 01/04/07 06:08 PM
S
Siculu Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello divers
my future wife and me are planning our wedding vacations in San Francisco (short stay one week) and two weeks in Belize like diving and beach vacations!
but now i'm insure. july/august is also a raining season over there. is it really unbecomingly to dive in this time? visibility, rainfalls, thunderstorms ...
is there anybody out there which can give me informations for all my questions?! thanx a lot and sorry for my english!
greez from the far and cold switzerland!

If there are no hurricanes in the area July and August are good diving months. What makes it so good is that the wind tends to die down and the water flattens out. Those tend to be hot months so the water is very warm.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sounds paradoxical - come in hurricane season! But ScubaLdy is spot on. Another plus is that prices are well down then. A negative is that for certain trips the customer base may not reach critical mass so the trip doesn't happen.

It's officially dry season now, and I haven't seen so much rain in a long while. Weather patterns are changing - as I said on another thread, it'll probably be snowing in July!

S
Siculu Offline OP
OP Offline
S
muchas gracias pedro! ;-)
i check up every nice place in the world as seychelles, mauritius, maldives, indosia... and that stuff...

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
You'll like it here, but possibly not getting here.

D
DB Offline
D
Siculu,
scubalady and pedro2 are on target. Actually I like diving Caribbean in Summer best. visibility and water temps are at best. Very little chill on the boat. Rain is more frequent, but generally shorter duration, unless it's a tropical storm. But AC is one of the best places anywhere to do nothing in case the weather doesn't agree with your plans from day to day.

You'll enjoy it no matter what!

DB

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

P
PAN Offline
P
Originally Posted by pedro2
Sounds paradoxical - come in hurricane season! But ScubaLdy is spot on. Another plus is that prices are well down then. A negative is that for certain trips the customer base may not reach critical mass so the trip doesn't happen.

It's officially dry season now, and I haven't seen so much rain in a long while. Weather patterns are changing - as I said on another thread, it'll probably be snowing in July!

Can you give more details about "customer base may not reach critical mass"? My family is visiting Aug 17 through the 27 and both my husband and I are experienced divers but our kids (18 & 12) do not dive. We were hoping to be able to dive as much as possible but combine the diving with snorkeling so our kids can be with us. I've emailed a couple of dive operators that I think are located to the north of San Pedro but I never received any response.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Boat fuel is expensive, so whatever the trip there will be a quorum below which the trip is uneconomic. For example, no BH dive trip will leave with less than 10 divers on board. Some trips are less in demand than others, such as a dive trip to the Elbow on Turneffe, and it could be that at that time there wouldn't be the minimum number of potential customers.

PM me if you'd like me to help you with contacting dive centers or arranging diving. Make sure to give an email address. I run a dive center in San Pedro, though south rather than north. Where will you be staying?

P
PAN Offline
P
Pedro2 - We're staying 4 miles north of SP at the Stella di Mare. I'd appreciate any assistance so I'll PM my contact info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.