Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#226475 01/11/07 04:15 PM
issues Offline OP
OP Offline
I am thinking of coming to Ambergris Caye in May or June with my Wife and our best friend. Is Captain Morgans Retreat a good place for us? What is the weather like in May or June.

issues #226479 01/11/07 04:29 PM
S
S

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
T
T
??????????????? timely, up to date info, and quite helpful.???????????

Normally May and June are warm (upper 80's), breezy (10 mph), lots of blue sky, but prone to some rain/thunder storms. The rain is warm and shouldn't stop you from enjoying your excursions.

I've never stayed at Capt Morgan's but it does look just like the brochures! It should be suitable for you and your friends. Close to town for dining and shopping convenience, but far enough away to avoid the hustle and bustle.

Have a great visit.

issues Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you.

yus
You have to take the water taxi to get to town, not what I would call close. If you want to be in town each day or evening I would say stay in town or at least close enough to walk or taxi. I stayed at Capt. Morgans recently, it is very quiet especially at night - no party going on. If this is a good place for you depends on what you like/want. It is a lovely spot. If you have more specific questions, I will be glad to answer.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
issues Offline OP
OP Offline
That is good information. We would probably want to go into the town. Is there somewher else you would remommend to us? Is there somewhere where 20-somethings would have a fun time closer to the town?

yus
Our favourite pick is always Banana Beach. It is about 1 mile south of town, 2 pools, martini bar, great restauarant. Taxi stand right outside the front gate. Great staff that can send you in the right direction for partying, relaxing and touring. The Monkey Business travel shoppe gals are sweet and efficient. Moderately priced.

Sunbreeze Hotel is right in town. All amenities.

Captain Morgan's is a whole other world. Really depends what you are looking for. They have boats running all day and into the night back and forth to town. They have a gorgeous beach.

S
S
Paradise Villas is a great choice. Probably the closest villas "in town" and stumbling distance to Fido's and Wet Willy's. I lived there and had some great years in PV!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
issues Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you again for the sugestions. I am looking at the websites.

yus
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.