Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#227002 01/16/07 09:43 PM
kerry Offline OP
OP Offline
i have a good friend, living south of town, that has had alot of bad luck thrown on her...alot of health issues, and she is by herself...she has several dogs, and the fence that she has is falling apart....she's been told that it would cost alot of money to repair...and she is on a fixed income...she has to keep the dogs in the house so they won't run off...walking them has become quite a chore....she took them for a walk a few days ago, and they took off running, pulling her to the ground, where she lay there, holding on to the leashes, unable to get up....finally 2 gentlemen came to the rescue...i am in the states, and don't know the condition of the fence...was hoping that someone there may be able to contact her, and check out the situation??? please pm me and will give u her contact info...
thanx kerry

kerry #227171 01/18/07 04:17 AM
kerry Offline OP
OP Offline
i can't believe that no one cares about this...

kerry #227173 01/18/07 08:17 AM
Kerry... there is no nice way to express this, and please, please do not take this the wrong way.

It's not that no one cares, they do care... and many are ready, willing and able to step right up to the plate and be counted.

Unfortunately, there are many in Belize, as in other countries, that feed off of the generousity of visitors. So many people have been stung, that they are a bit reluctant to hand out money to people, even if the situation seems dire.

Please do not misunderstand my message here. It's just that you shouldn't be shocked that no one cares. Unfortunately the greedy and less than honest people ruin it for the actual needy people.

Thanks for listening and understanding.

After giving this some more thought.... why doesn't a local company construct a new fence for her. Then the company could ask for donations to be made in order to reimburse them? Shrug.

kerry Offline OP
OP Offline
denny..thanx so much for your response...i wasn't asking for money, just some kind of input from someone down there to look at the situation of her fence...she's a lovely lady, by herself, who would never even ask for help...that's why i made this post on her behalf...i believe that there could be alternatives to correcting the problem of the fence, without being quite as costly as what she was quoted....i believe that u are in belize??? if so, maybe you could contact her, and make some suggestions??? or give her some names of companies that may be willing to construct the fence and ask for donations??? thanx again...kerry

kerry #227283 01/18/07 06:10 PM
Sorry-if she cannot look after the dogs-there is an easy answer-if she cannot afford her house-move to a cheaper one-there are many more deserving cases than this-perhaps Kerry can send her a couple of 1000usd to her and if she contacts me I will have the fence repaired by my crew.

Pedro1 #227284 01/18/07 06:15 PM
Kerry, No, unfortunately I do not live in Belize... would be nice however...

Pedro, while I agree with most of what you say, I kinda disagree here. Everyone has problems of various degrees... in the whole scope of things granted this woman's problems may not be that great... but in HER mind they may be kinda unbearable... shrug... don't know.

kerry Offline OP
OP Offline
sorry denny...thought u lived in belize...as far as my contributing to the fence, i have no problem with helping...i would just like someone to look at the situation, and let me know what is needed to be done at a fair price...it doesn't have to be a perfect looking job, but something to where the dogs can't get out...she can care for her dogs, and loves them dearly...the problem is taking them out on a leash, instead of letting them out in the yard...they overpower her when walking them

kerry #227316 01/18/07 09:41 PM
kerry -- hope a local can check in for you. I echo Denny's statement -- this has been a particularly bad stint for folks getting burned here. God bless -- she'll be in my prayers.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
kerry Offline OP
OP Offline
thanx otter for your good wishes....sure it will all work out...only 22 days for you...that's great...tip a belikin for me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.