Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227052 01/17/07 10:08 AM
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

In case you don't know, there is a ladies softball team on San Pedro. The Amigas del Mar. I wanted to join, but they don't seem to think that someone who screams every time a ball comes near her will be of much use. So, they said I could keep score. But then they told me I couldn't make it up as I went along. So no use there. Now I have to find a way to make myself useful.

Some of the ladies on the team are not - well - as young as they used to be. One of the things I can do is commiserate with them when they get hurt. I know saying 'I told you so!' may not be the most sympathetic thing to do, but I did. Anyway, what the team needs is a decent first aid kit.

A lot of the stuff that would be useful is impossible to get here. I have some ideas of things we need, but if anyone else has any suggestions (please send rude ones by PM for my amusement), that would be helpful too. We need stuff like deep heat spray and patches for sore muscles. Someone said you can get tiger balm patches and said they were good, but anything like that will do. If you know what arnica is, that would be good too.

I've done some research on momsteam.com (great site) and they have some more suggestions: Instant chemical cold packs, first aid manual/cpr flash cards, elastic bandages, bandaids. We also could do with antibacterial spray for scrapes. I think that covers everything I can think of.

So, if you would like to help some ladies, please think about bringing a little bit down for the team. If you want to support them, come and watch them play at the old football field on Sunday mornings - this sunday at 9:00am and the next two sundays at 12:30. There are teams from the league playing from 9:00am and it is great fun to watch.

If you can fit it in your suitcase, I could do with a cheerleaders outfit!

collyk

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

I would love to help out the ladies of the sea but i'm not coming there until May. If you are still in need let me know and i'll stuff some in my luggage

Never Use money to measure wealth
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you so much Bill. Last night's practice went well with only one lady being hit in the back and another in the groin area. Both are sporting fine bruises today. We are proud of them. A little bit worried about the dogs lying in the middle of the playing field. We may need a vet on standby too.

So, if you are feeling like you want to do something for the ladies, join Bill.

The ladies play at 9am on Sunday morning against San Pedro High School. I'm not taking bets.

www.conchcreative.com

S
S
The back? Hmphh! That was a perfect hit dead centre on the butt!

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Semantics. One man's butt is another ones back - I think...anyway - Lucky she had enough to drink last night on the way home that she didn't feel it til this morning.

www.conchcreative.com

Simon, I'm impressed. Both a sports fan and a student of anatomy!! grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.