Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
My husband and I are in our 30s and looking for a place to stay in Ambergris Caye for a week in May 2007(~$300/day). We do not have children and generally do not like resorts - as many are Americanized and we leave the US for a change of scenery. We are bringing my husband's parents on this trip - but they don't get out much smile so I am sure they will enjoy anything we chose. Because they are coming, however, I am not sure that I want to be isolated at a "honeymooners dream". Drinking will definitley be on the agenda so a pool bar is a plus. We have spent about 40 hours researching the island via the net and think we have narrowed our search to 3 places:
The villas at Banyon Bay
White Sands Cove
Xanadu
Captain Morgans??? (Looks cool but I have read mixed reviews)
We would love any feedback about how these places (or others) may fit our travel style.
Your input is appreciated!

u have plently of options if ur looking at ~$300 a day!!!

if u want something secluded the north end is good for that! All the above that u mentioned are beautiful places!! the resorts here aren't like other countries... there are no all-inclusives so nothing really to worry about the "resort" thing in that respect! I know for sure that Banyan Bay is beautiful inside and out... it's more of a condo feel to it...

Portofino-no contest

White Sands, Portofino or Capricorn (which has new owners and has had some wonderful improvements.)

You can't go wrong with Banyon Bay. If I was bringing my dad, that's where we would stay! Very large bathrooms and the bedrooms are spacious. Nice pool and beach( for sunning or walking). Have stayed there before and we are staying there again in May. Love it. I think you would be comfortable bringing your parents there. PM me if you have a question I could help answer.

J DOG

OP Offline
Thanks for the feedback but Portofino is $400 a night for 4 people.

There are some fabulous condos north of the cut for rent less than $300 a day. Where I work they rent for $225 (in season), 2-br, 2-bath, full kitchen, cable, ac in bedrooms, on the beach, pool and pool bar. No restaurant on property, but you have many to choose from north and south. There are more in area and further north to choose from. PM me for more info, also am sure others on board know of condos for rent up here.

Can't find my plane...
You said it your self said no isolated honey moon dreams , shame !!While Portofino ,is top of class here it is a gem of resort great for a couple that want to be together at a 5 star place owner managment on property super service great food all there.. ,having said that you are bringing mom and pop and do not want to spend that $400 thought it was less??for your vacation the choice is claer stay south not north no water taxi ,times to think about ,and capricorn way to small,capt morgans time share people may be a ??? white sands new owners are making it happen, but still north ??.Look at three good ones in no order all good , Xanadu, nice place .. banana beach ,Always a good bet, has it all and good food service two pools and in price range ,Banyon bay very nice, some time share people but done with class you will not even know there there and nice beach and food right there .Or if you like Small first class bed and breakfeast again changes in latude , neat place well run.And all these are all south ,no Isolation for mom and dad a win /win. All a taxi ride or walk from town the bars the food ,no time tables.hope this helped as I tried to listen what you where saying ,go live the dream and enjoy...

Last edited by captjeff; 01/20/07 08:52 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
OP Offline
Thank you for Captain Jeff for listening to our request! I will post when we decide - thanks again!

Rent two one bedroom condos at Belizean Shores. They have up and downs that are connected via the stairwell. Beautiful gounds, pool bar? You'll have to see it to believe it. Swim up or walk up. Fits the budget too. We had 21 family members staying there for our daughter's wedding two years ago and have been back twice since, most recently Nov 06 with son and his wife. Grandchild expected August 07, do the math.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.