Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
KVarner Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I will be moving to Belize this summer, and I intend to stay for quite some time. I also have a lot of guns, and I really love my guns (crazy American, you know).

I know that there is a permit process, but I've also heard that a lot of guns are prohibited completley. Someone told me that you can't have a shotgun any bigger than a 16 gague. I hope that isn't the case. The lifestyle that I want on the cayes is more important to me than my gun collection, but I'd really like to know what I can have and what I can't have.

This sounds even more bizzare: I love to shoot, but I don't hunt (I'm a vegetarian). I like to shoot at targets. Is that legal anywhere in Belize?

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
Belizean laws are very restrictive and even harder to imoprt your own weapons. Certain calibers are totally illegal. There are a couple of shooting ranges in the country. But if you love guns and want to bring them, find another country, or leave them home in the US.

It can take up to 7 months to get a permit and will cost BZ$500 per permit per year.

S
spl Offline
S
Question, are you really a "crazy american" if you are going to move to Belize? I highly doubt it or you'd probably stay in America. If you are looking for a change of life by moving to Belize perhaps you should consider giving the guns up as you will be giving up many other things from the states.

S
spl Offline
S
I don't think just because you "love to shoot" justifies approving a gun there. One can say they love to shoot and are a vegetarian but they can't proove that. I think you need more of a reason otherwise anyone would have a gun there.

And that is 500 per permit per weapon. A single shot 20 gauge sells for over 500 BZE. 9 mil only allowed pistol caliber. 16 and 20 gauge shotgun and forget rifles altogether.

I don't think you can get a permit until you are an approved legal resident of Belize. You certainly won't be able to have a gun "collection." Yes, it takes many months to obtain permit approval.

You can join the rifle and gun clubs which are all located on the main land if you want to fulfil you love of shooting.

There are very few safe spots to shot on the caye.

Probably you should keep you gun collection in the US and visit it once if while.

You could take up virtual/internet shooting!!

You can get a gune permit without residency, I know several people who have done it legally.

S
S
Gun permits are not so hard to obtain. Unless you are connected you are normally allowed one sidearm for personal protection (validated), 9mm or smaller and a hunting permit can be obtained for shotguns and/or small rifles. Some red tape is required.

You may want to consider opening a paint ball course/battleground up the coast on leased property.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
K
KVarner Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I guess my AR-15 and AK-47 (that I built myself!) are going to have to stay with my parents. I can play with them on vacations.
But..

Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton
Gun permits are not so hard to obtain. ...Unless you are connected...

SIN

Who do I have to pay to become "connected"?

Am I right to assume that the 9mm sidearm means that I'd be able to carry a 9mm concealed?

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.