Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: friend in need [Re: ChrisW] #227910
01/23/07 05:58 PM
01/23/07 05:58 PM
Corpus Christi, Texas USA
Debbie Offline

Debbie  Offline
I'm in the process of leash training my dog now. This sounds like a handy little gadget. Where would you get one? Does it have a brand name?

Re: friend in need [Re: Debbie] #227912
01/23/07 06:25 PM
01/23/07 06:25 PM
Indianapolis, IN, USA
C
ChrisW Offline
ChrisW  Offline
C
Any of the big pet stores carry them for sure...Pet Smart, Pet Co., etc. Not sure if Wally World would have them or not. Not sure of any brand names. I guess that it is just called a leash training collar.

FYI it doesn't really do the training for you. However, it does do a great job of keeping the dog from pulling. If you use the collar all the time, there is no real need to leash train the dog.

OK I admit, I'm not a great dog trainer and I gave up on my dog. As it is now, my dog knows when she has the special collar on and when she just has her regular collar. As soon as she is in her regular collar, she reverts back to her old bad pulling habits that were never really broke in the first place...

Walking the Dogs? [Re: kerry] #227927
01/23/07 08:17 PM
01/23/07 08:17 PM
Maine, US
B
BoardRunner Offline

BoardRunner  Offline
B
Sorry, but did I miss something here in this supposed crisis?
I see a request from somebody asking anybody to help with something, then there is an assumption someone is asking for money? and then something about someone "building" something?
I didn't see a request for either? However! if the woman has a problem with the dogs dragging her down? How about the woman paying a native in the area that needs the money to take care of the dogs? If the woman can't afford to do that, then I would assume she can't afford to sustain the dogs that are dragging her to the ground and why would she want to continue being knocked down? Would you build her a fence so the dogs can only drag her around inside a "limited" area only?

Re: Walking the Dogs? [Re: BoardRunner] #227935
01/23/07 10:23 PM
01/23/07 10:23 PM
S
SimonB Offline

SimonB  Offline
S
To Debbie,

Saga doesn't sponsor obedience training and if they did I would be pretty upset, funds they receive need to be used for the health of the animals not the inability of an owner to properly train their animals (not saying anything against this person in general.) Obedience training is available on the island and tips are widely available on the Internet.

Re: friend in need [Re: kerry] #227944
01/23/07 11:19 PM
01/23/07 11:19 PM
bogalusa, LA USA
kerry Offline OP
kerry  Offline OP
this topic started out to be quite simple...all i asked, was for someone in belize to check out the situation...had several people that have responded to offer assistance...to those who have responded in a positive way, i want to thank u...if someone reads this post, and doesn't feel that it is worth their time, than don't respond...

Re: friend in need [Re: kerry] #227947
01/24/07 12:24 AM
01/24/07 12:24 AM
Pedro1 Offline
Pedro1  Offline
Kerry-send money-stop asking for help

Re: friend in need [Re: Pedro1] #227957
01/24/07 02:08 AM
01/24/07 02:08 AM
bogalusa, LA USA
kerry Offline OP
kerry  Offline OP
pedro...i will.. when i find someone to check out the situation...
but i will not send u money for something that u know nothing about...and i will ask whatever i want to ask....this is a message board, where individuals should feel free to ask for help, without having to deal with you and your abuse.
one thing i would like to know...is why do u want to stop someone from helping this lady...because i started this post?

Re: friend in need [Re: kerry] #230375
02/15/07 11:24 PM
02/15/07 11:24 PM
bogalusa, LA USA
kerry Offline OP
kerry  Offline OP
just a note to let everyone know, that my friend dale purdy was found dead in her home, badly decomposed, on monday....am still trying to find out what actually happened...please, if anyone is down there, would u please look into it, and keep me posted...
thanx

Re: friend in need [Re: kerry] #230394
02/16/07 10:36 AM
02/16/07 10:36 AM
Frigin Cold Columbus, Ohio
Otteralum Offline
Otteralum  Offline
kerry -- so sorry to hear this. God Bless

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Re: friend in need [Re: Otteralum] #230424
02/16/07 02:03 PM
02/16/07 02:03 PM
S
SimonB Offline

SimonB  Offline
S
No cause of death was found due to decomposition. All of her pets were picked up by Kathy from Pampered Paws and have already found homes. She had e-mailed Kathy a few days before her death to take care of the animals so it sounds like she knew her time was near.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
May
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 2,720 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,347
Posts488,071
Members19,872
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.