Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: crazy_canuck] #227855
01/23/07 12:08 PM
01/23/07 12:08 PM
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye...
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Don't forget, not everybody on the islands uses the message boards.

Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: crazy_canuck] #227858
01/23/07 12:44 PM
01/23/07 12:44 PM
Toronto
K
KB Offline
KB  Offline
K
I had heard that Marilyn was not well. Perhaps health concerns have clouded what is normally a very sunny disposition. Also, Tory has quite a bit on her plate for a young woman so cut her some slack.

Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: KB] #227861
01/23/07 12:52 PM
01/23/07 12:52 PM
C
crazy_canuck Offline OP
crazy_canuck  Offline OP
C
Fair enough. I can understand that we cannot judge someone until we have walked a mile in their shoes, however when you are running a customer oriented business you want to be sure you have their best interests at heart - or at least appear to. when someone is yelling rude things at you as you leave their business due to lack of service - there really is no point - who wins in that scenerio? it makes the other customers uncomfortable and makes someone like myself post a message wondering about what happened to the great service and food we used to enjoy there. Quite frankly, I have dealt with sickness in the past and it never made me yell at other people (let alone paying customers.) I have also heard from some of the locals that there may be a drug problem involved. Perhaps, none of my business but why then was it spoken about so freely?? I am not here to pass personal judgement - just judgement on a restaurant which used to be one of my favourite spots on the island. I hope my experience is an exception rather than the norm.

Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: crazy_canuck] #227867
01/23/07 12:59 PM
01/23/07 12:59 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S
"...there may be a drug problem involved. Perhaps, none of my business but why then was it spoken about so freely?? I am not here to pass personal judgement..."
What was that then????

Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: crazy_canuck] #227868
01/23/07 01:21 PM
01/23/07 01:21 PM
K
KS Offline

KS  Offline
K
Sounds like it was Marilyn that yelled at you but I would say if she did that you might not have been as nice and polite as you indicated. The service when we have been there has always been friendly but relaxed. Let me see, A group of eight orders, the food is about ready and they cancel and Marilyn gets mad. I wonder why?

Rasta Pasta is my favorite place to eat in all of Belize. Sorry to hear that it may be closing or moving.

Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: KS] #227891
01/23/07 03:17 PM
01/23/07 03:17 PM
C
crazy_canuck Offline OP
crazy_canuck  Offline OP
C
it wasnt a group of eight - that was someone else that said that. it is not personal judgement on her - it was a judgement of the restaurant and service. I have worked extensively in the hospitality industry in the past and the deal is you dont bring your problems into the restaurant. you treat the customers with respect and give them good service. i am pretty laid back but i dont wait to wait 20 minutes for a cold coffee when Marilyn is pouring one for herself as we waiting and loading it up with Baileys. I can take the critism of you saying maybe we werent polite but i can assure you we were polite and relaxed and werent expecting to be yelled at that morning. bottom line is that she was rude to us.

Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: crazy_canuck] #227905
01/23/07 05:08 PM
01/23/07 05:08 PM
Caye Caulker
C
Cooper Offline
Cooper  Offline
C
I said nothing really, except some info that has already been mentioned and I decided it was best left for someone else to mention. I have not eaten at Rasta Pasta in over a year, but sure do or did love their Coconut Fish!!!

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: Cooper] #227914
01/23/07 06:37 PM
01/23/07 06:37 PM
C
crazy_canuck Offline OP
crazy_canuck  Offline OP
C
Look - its not really that big of a deal - we had a bad experience - it may have been one in a million - just was disappointed in OUR experience - anyone can have a bad day... wish them well with the new spot!

Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: crazy_canuck] #228008
01/24/07 01:03 PM
01/24/07 01:03 PM
Caye Caulker
R
rastapasta Offline
rastapasta  Offline
R
Hey guys me here and i do remember the day as in new years morning was the last time i chose to say that life is just too short. i am sorry if i was a little gruff but the food was ready and the patience was not there. not every day can be ia good day after 10 years. straighten out the rumorville, our lease is up, we've chosen not to renew it and will be reopening for our 10th anniversary, soon on Caye Caulker. We thank everyone from the board for all there support and one disatisfied for all the pleased, come on we're not doing bad. Health is good and drugs are not a factor.

The workers are having to take care of the restaurant right now because i have been taking care of my daughter who went through surgery so you will not be seeing much of either red head.

Love Maralyn

Re: what happened to RASTA PASTA [Re: rastapasta] #228026
01/24/07 02:58 PM
01/24/07 02:58 PM
C
crazy_canuck Offline OP
crazy_canuck  Offline OP
C
Maralyn -
Good luck with the new spot.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
January
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 831 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics70,420
Posts478,614
Members19,578
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day