Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
KB Offline
K
You just enjoy target shooting but want to carry a concealed weapon....are you joking?? Just what Belize needs, another wackjob American who thinks he needs to carry a gun for self defense. It is amazing how many countries manage to have low crime rates without being armed at all times. The US has more gun related deaths than most of the rest of the civilized world put together. Please leave your guns and your shoot 'em up cowboy culture at home!!!

K
KVarner Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by KB
Just what Belize needs, another wackjob American who thinks he needs to carry a gun for self defense.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
C
C
[/quote]I'm glad I'm not the only one! [/quote]Unfortunately you are not the only one! When deciding to live in another culture, why not get to know the culture first, instead of trying to immediately bring yours with you. Shouldn't that be the point of moving in the first place?

S
S
I always have a concealed weapon when on the mainland, all parts. Ambergris Caye is not a place where you need personal protection unless you have a business. AC is a little drinking town with a diving problem, guns don't mix well.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
K
K
Yes, we in the United States have no experience with visitors epecting us to bow to their culture- flying emon anyone?

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
K
KVarner Offline OP
OP Offline
K
By definition a concealed weapon is "concealed". No one knows about it. What this means is that the only effect it has is that *I* feel safer (unless someone tries to hurt me, and then everyone becomes a LOT safer).

I have nothing but respect for the culture of whatever country I visit. But when its hot, I still want air conditioning in my house, and I still want my American TV stations. And I still want my gun. I don't want to tell anyone else how to live, though. I'm pretty sure that Belize wants me to come, and buy property, and spend my money, and bring in my favorite American gadgets and pay import taxes on them. I have no intention of imposing anything on anyone. Rather, I want to come where I am welcome and obey the laws of the place where I am.

Another thing: the laws of a country are very much a part of its culture. I asked what the laws said about something, because I want to obey those laws. Someone indicated what the law was, and I expressed my intention to do what the law allows me to do. Then, someone else accused me of having no respect of the culture of Belize. Hmmmm...yeah....makes perfect sense.....

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
S
S
Correct.

The thing is though, pistols are made to shoot people. An abundance of guns on the island will change the culture. I would spend some time on the Island first, then re-evaluate to see if you require personal protection. If you don't feel safe here, you may wish to pick a more secure location, or hire a personal security detail. Besides it's kinda hard to walk around in swimming trunks and a tank top with a Baretta sticking out of your waist.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me!

Why would we all be safer if you have a gun

K
KVarner Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Bad guy tries to hurt me.

Bad guy dies.

No more bad guy = everyone is safer.

Of course, I'm primarily interested in my own safety, but the byproduct of my own safety is a better world for everyone. Thats why I carry in the states. I'll carry in Belize IF I have a permit and IF I feel that it is necessary. Probably won't be on the island.

Seriously, though, people should chill about this. I was just asking what the law in Belize says. Why the brouhaha over someone saying that they want to know the law so that they know how to obey it?

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.