Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
I will be flying to AC from International and Nellie Gomez from Paradise Villas told me it would be $96 U.S. roundtrip. But out of curiousity, how long a boat ride is it from the mainland over to San Pedro?

About one and a quarter hours.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
M
M
Debbie! I was just looking up the same thing. Our flight also arrives at 10:30 on June 9th. Is that the same day you arrive? How about sharing a taxi to the water taxi. Maybe it would be more fun if all 4 of us do it together. We are doing the surf and turf and will fly from SP to Muni and rent a car for the Turf part of the trip. Is it hard getting a rental car at Muni and drop it off at the International airport. Which is the best rental care company?

Just to clarify, "water taxi" as it pertains to boats from Belize City to San Pedro are not really water taxis but scheduled boats operated by the Caye Caulker Water Taxi Assocation which hold maybe 20 or 25 people (and they often are completely full.) Small ferries would be a better description. It is possible to hire a freelance water taxi from Belize City but unless you know who are dealing with I'd be careful about that.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
M
M
Lan! Can you reserve tickets for the ferry in advance from the US?

R
R
flying to municipal airport is $26. vs 46+ the taxi is $12.50. if you have 2 or more folks in your party it may be well worth the 15 extra minutes the taxi takes to fly into or out of municipal. water taxi is the cheapest but slowest. for one person seeking the easiest way--fly from the international

rubicon
>>Can you reserve the ferry in advance from the U.S.?<<

You can call and ask to reserve (from the U.S. or locall), but I doubt it would do much good. In practice it's more or less first come first serve. The numbers are in my Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize, under transportion by boat.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.