Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
GDZ Offline OP
OP Offline
G
My wife and I are trying to make a quick get-away to relax...take in some sun and a little adventure. Not looking for a crazy scene, but rather more quiet and remote, with the option for culture and dining if we choose. Trying to keep it under $200/day. Any recommendations? Or, perhaps a contact to lead us in the right direction? Thanks

"Quiet and remote", sounds like Caye Caulker to me!Day trips to San Pedro are easy and cheap for occasional shopping and more variety in dining. Should come in well below $200/day, depends on lodging choice.

Portofino-one of their standard rooms-great restaurant and will come just over 200-or banana Beach-courtyard suite and plenty of money left for food etc.

Pedro is right on the money , Portofino a class ,full service resort,up north side, Ambergris caye .Just what was Requested .. Quiet ,and remote, plus five star dinning there and six great plces whithin ten minute reach. Not a lot of rooms intimate , lush .Owner/manager lives on property a plus .. And banana beach ,also not bad choice if you want to go south ,see my trip report on the place posted yesterday .Go live the dream and enjoy..

Last edited by captjeff; 01/24/07 11:17 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Portofino is actually $250/nt + 19% tax & gratuity at this time of year. Nice place though. Plenty of places under $200 - Banana Beach, Xanadu, Mata Rocks, Salamander, a couple rooms at Victoria House, etc. I think you can do a search on the lodging page and separate them by price range.

Agree with Richard, Caye Chaulker is much more laid back & quieter than S.P. We always spend a few days there before going over to S.P.
In Caye Chaulker you can walk around & not have to watch out for golf carts every where.
We stay at Seaside cabanas for about $105.us, I think it's the only place with a pool there.

B
B
Depending on how much time you have you could split your trip between Cayo for jungle, ruins, cave tubing, hiking, and then spend the second part of your trip in Placencia or Maya Beach for beach and water activities.
Just another option.
Brigitte

Hmmmmmmm 5 responses to "ABOUT OTHER PARTS OF BEILZE" come with recos about SP or Caukler........How about Turtle Inn,Cayes off the coast,Placencia Village or Cayo? 'Fraid they'll miss bringing you something?

Last edited by GRAFFICE; 01/25/07 08:41 PM.

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
c'mon dwayne, you been around long enough to know that 95% of this board is related to SP & CC.

Cheap shot on the "bringing".....do some research on that and you might be surprised at what you discover

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I'd go with 22% of the board devoted to AC & CC. There are 9 forums. smirk

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.