Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Does anyone ever use any of the "U Bid" auction sites for flight reservations to BZE? The part about "Subject to Availability" seems a little troublesome on a round trip reservation. Any thoughts?

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
K
K
I guess you just need to be somewhat flexible to make sure that this works out for you. Its definitely an interestig site, I've never heard of it before. I might have to try it for a hotel or something...

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
Five years ago, we made arrangements through Skyauction for two trips and it was great. Air, hotel, etc., all booked through the auction site.

The last few years though, the prices have jumped up, and beware of the additional "weekend" and "service" fees. Also if you fly from somewhere other than their chosen departure cities, you will pay an addition per person fee to fly.

Change your Latitude
Buyer beware

R
R
I would not suggest flying US airlines.

R
R
I would not suggest flying US airlines.

'splain Lucy!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
B
B
Okay, I hear what you say about US Air but I don't hear why. I am leaving at 7:00 am Saturday morning on US Air for my first trip to Belize. What should I know before I leave?

Reconfirm your flight times, etc NOW. Lately, USAir has been known to cancel flights without notifying you.

&nbsp &nbsp Hi,
I've used consolidators and auctions in the past and the experience has been okay. My flights have never been on a "standby" basis. They were real seats, but they had to be used exactly as stated in the contract, for example on the exact date and time, or I would be out of luck. Late to the airport? Too bad, no refund.
&nbsp &nbsp As th US Air, they're just like any other cut-rate airline, in my experience. On any airline, cut-rate or full fare, you really should call to confirm your seats as soon as you can, typically 24 hours. Check on-line a few hours before boarding to make sure. After all that, your flight might still be delayed or cancelled. Remember what pilots say "If you've got time to spare, go by air".
&nbsp &nbsp Of course, Team Cheapskate recommends flying into Cancun and taking the bus down the Yucatan, which can save a pile of dough.
&nbsp &nbsp Of course, the ususal disclaimers apply: Your Mileage may vary. Close cover before striking. And most important, Keep out of reach of children.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.