You all helped me sooo much when I was planning my July honeymoon a few months ago. It is still a few months away ...ok, actually a half a year away. But I finally have a lull at school and I was wondering if you could help me answer a few questions.
We are staying on Caye Caulker for the first 3 nights at Seaside Cabanas and then coming to Ambergris for 7 nights at Victoria House.
here are my questions:
1. What do I bring? Any must takes? I hate packing too heavy, but it is hard for 10 days because when I haven't been to a place I tend to over pack. Plus Seaside doesn't have towles so I must bring my own and those things are bulky. And-is there a place I could do laundy one day so I don't need as much?
2. Does anyone know about safes for valuables at seaside? I know VH seems pretty safe.
3. What should we bring for funds?..cash, travelers checks, mix, credit cards ?
4. I am a middle school teacher in the US. I would love to bring some school supplies to donate to the isalnd. Could I do that? and also, I thought about having my students write letter to the children there. Would this be appropriate? are they in school in July? What might the children of the island need that I could pack in my luggage.
5. Any other recomendations? Must sees, etc?
Thank you soo much for your help. I love reading this board and dreaming about being there. Please do not feel like you must answer all of these questions :o)