Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
OP Offline
D
My husband and I are planning our first trip to Belize late September, early October. I really need everyone's input, as I know very little about Belize, but it looks wonderful and everything I've heard is great. Where should we stay? We would like to have TV in room, AC, oceanfront. We would like to have all-inclusive, but I'm not sure there is all-inclusive in Belize. I would like to be able to snorkel from resort/hotel, also want to go to all the neat places to snorkel/dive. We are planning our first dive in Belize, want to see Mayan ruins, jungle, and shop in San Pedro.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Debi
I love September - things are much slower and the island has a whole different feel. You'll get lots of recomendations for places to stay, but I'm a fan of Banana Beach - great rooms with good airconditioning - a must in Sept, cable TV w/ all the US stations, great staff, a full breakfast is included. There are no real all inclusives on San Pedro, but you won't want one - there are lots of really good restaurants to try. One of them is located on the property at Banana Beach. The hotel also has two pools, one looks out onto the ocean, and a beach with palms and lounge chairs. It's about a 20 to 30 minute walk to town via the beach. There is a travel shop on site that can help you arrange trips to the ruins, snorkel, etc.
Where ever you stay, you will have a great trip.

Hey Debi,

You can't go wrong with law's recommendation. My 2005 trip was in September -- definitely slower!

My wife and I stayed North at Belizean Shores. Very nice property, good pool, and a little away from it all. You won't even try to walk to town from there. You need to take the water taxi to get back and forth from town (10 minutes), but there is a tour desk on site and good restaurants within walking distance.

Get a place that has a kitchen and order from SimonB's service to have all your groceries stocked before you get there. http://www.lagniappe-belize.com

Depending on your length of stay, this saves money and hassle.

Have fun!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
There is no real snorkeling right off shore - you need a boat trip to get to the really great coral & such. You can snorkel under & around some of the docks and see lots of fish, seahorses, etc but for coral, you need to take a boat. Or you could stay way up North where the reef comes closer to shore (Tranquility Bay, Mexico Rocks area) or on one of the other cayes like South Water caye or the atoll properties. The trade off for good snorkeling right off shore is then you are very far from town (or on a different island!)
There is only one true oceanfront all inclusive in Belize and that is Kanantik on the Southern shore of the mainland. Very nice but very expensive www.kanantik.com

Last edited by Barbara K; 02/01/07 11:02 AM.
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks to: lawcucui, Otteralum, Barbara K and Cakelee for responding to my posting. We are planning a trip to Belize for our first visit, and you all have given me so much to look at. Thanks for all your help. You know, it doesn't really look or sound like there's really a BAD PLACE TO STAY IN BELIZE, so I'm sure whatever we decide, our trip will be unforgetable!
Thanks again for being so generous with your time to a first-time Belize forum user,
Debi

S
S
The best thing that you could do is click on the: barbsbelize.com link in Barbara's post above. She helped make our first trip to Belize just about a year ago an absolutely wonderful trip. She has all the answers, and is so easy to work with. San Pedro is a very special place, and it was a dream come true for me to finally be there.

Thanks. Glad I could help!

If you are planning on diving, PLEASE dive with Amigos Del Mar. Plan all of your trips with SEAduced if you want everything top notch. I just went to Belize and did a few trips with SEAduced and couldn't have been any happier. Elito and Sylvin from SEAduced were awesome, made you feel like at home. smile

I stayed at Banana Beach, I wouldn't say it had American standards but as long as it had AC, I was very happy.

One tip.. These sand flies on the beach are very pesky and will give you red spots all over your legs and they itch like hell! Use baby oil as a bug repellent, it worked for me like a charm! Leaves your legs feeling silky afterwards.

Also.. Save your shopping for Caye Caulker if you plan on going on a day trip there, things are cheaper there wink

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for your response. Would you recommend staying at Belizean Shores, or would you stay south of town? We are looking at Belizean Shores, Xanadu & Banana Beach. If you stay at Belizean Shores, how much does it cost to take the water taxi to go to town? How important is it to stay where there's a restaurant on site? I've never been at a resort where they didn't have a restaurant or it was all-inclusive.
Thanks for your help.
Debi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.