Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#229054 02/02/07 01:22 PM
P
PAN Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi all - 10 of us are arriving Aug 17 but we have not made up our minds whether or not to fly from Belize over the San Pedro or to take a water taxi. Some of our concerns with taking a water taxi are a open boat for 75 minutes of a potential rough ride, getting to the waterfront from the airport, room for all 10 of us and our bags, reliability. I guess I'm wondering if taking a boat is worth the $ we'd save....

Your opinions are appreciated.

PAN

S
S
With a group that large you can take taxi to Municipal Airport and fly from there and save a good chunk of cash over flying from International. Just make sure you pre-book your flight.

There is a new 4:30pm water taxi that goes from Belize to SP express (no stop in Caye Caulker). It is 45-50ft, totally covered, and has plenty of room for your group. It is the largest boat in the fleet and thusly is less prone to rough rides. Also, this is a "behind the reef" ride rather than an open ocean ride, so in general, the ride is pretty smooth. With this size group I would pre-arrange for taxi(s) to meet you at International. PM me if you want the name of my regular driver that could definitely handle this.

no matter what boat you get on... there's room!!! they always manage a way to fit everything!

The boat is cheaper... but the flight is more convienent! i did both and would recommend both! the boat is definately different... and u get a different view of everything!

Y
Y
Pan-

I'd follow Simon's advice. Fly into the international airport, catch a couple cabs to the municipal airport, and Fly Fly Fly. Its a beautiful, short, flight. Try for the co-pilot's seat. Take care, Ken

P
PAN Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by SimonB
With a group that large you can take taxi to Municipal Airport and fly from there and save a good chunk of cash over flying from International. Just make sure you pre-book your flight.

Thanks for the advice -- this would save us some mulah. Unfortunately I have a couple of people in my group that really are weary about getting on a small plane. Do you or anyone else on this board know if any of the water taxi's prearrange passage to SP? One of the water taxi's told us that we were limited to one bag pp which will not work for our group.

Thx!

PAN

PAN - never had a problem with number of bags on eithor San Pedro water taxi or Triple J water taxi - shouldn't be a concern.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
no prearrangements to get on the boat... just show up pay for ur tickets and they'll help u with ur luggage! i've taken the water taxi a few times and never had a problem getting onto a boat no matter how many passengers or luggage!

How much is a taxi to the Municipal Airport from the international Airport for 4 adults? Is it still cheaper to do that and fly to San Pedro than to pay the $100 round trip from international?

Taxi to muni is $25 US if you don't have a lot of luggage and can get all 4 of you in 1 taxi. Flights - R/T Int'l is $104.75 pp, R/T muni is $60 pp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.