Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#229083 02/02/07 05:19 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from chamber of commerce

The two long golfcarts that the Chamber tried to use for school children or a trolley around town are finally being put to use. Julio Ruano has opened a golfcart taxi North. Presently Julio coordinates with his regular van taxi by radio to meet the golfcart at the bridge to get people to and from town. Used in combination they offer an affordable ride from Journey's End to anywhere South on the island. There will be one golfcart taxi stationed at most times at the base of the Northern side of the bridge.

His contact info is: Laguna Vista Taxi Service 603-1073

The Chamber applauds his initiative and encourages all Northern residents and hotels to make use of his service. Only volume makes it worthwhile, and we need to help him get to a point of profitability. Julio has already been making road repairs, and plans to continue improvements and will accept and place any material donated along the roadway.

This is exactly what many Northern residents need to offer alternatives to rentals and beach traffic. This also provides a service that helps discourage vans from wanting to begin traveling over the bridge. His service will also deliver packages to anyone along the way. Please help promote his service.

S
S
Wow,great news,we sure will use this service during our 3 week stay in Feb

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
That sounds great. We will be there on the 10th for two weeks and will sure give this a try.

This is going to be an great service. We can't wait to give it a try.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
I'm sure we'll try it, however we'll have to walk from Costa Maya down to Journey's End. Can anyone tell me about how far of a walk that will be? Thanks
Coco

Coco
Hon Offline
According to Simon's chart it's 3 miles, give or take, from Costa Maya Reef Resort to Journey's End.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Hon #229234 02/04/07 08:16 AM
Thanks Hon

Coco
Great News I wonder if its scheduled runs like a Bus or special Runs?
I tried the number 603 1073 and the phone co. recording says 'not in service.
Marty, is it a type'o?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I wonder if this taxi could pick up from the airport, and deliver us and our baggage to across the bridge? Have a lot of stuff to lug across the bridge this trip. Sounds like this is still better than the "high speed" taxi's who are running over our pets and scaring people. I hope everyone will support Julio's efforts. I know we sure will.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
S&S -

If you re-read the 1st paragraph again, you will see that the service is offered "to-from" the bridge, but Julio co-ordinates with his "southside" taxi by radio. Looks to me like you'll have to carry it all of what? 30 yards across the bridge? I'm betting for a small tip, the southside taxi driver will help you!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.