Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
Fisch Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi,

I'm student form Germany and i like to visit Belize this summer to do a volunteer job. I'd like to work in a organisation or a project that is releted with nature conservation or ecotourism. Maybe some of you know opportunities to do such a volunteer work on Ambergris Caye or somewhere else in Belize.

Thanks a lot

Jan

Last edited by Fisch; 02/05/07 07:35 AM.
K
K
The Holy Cross School is always looking for help. I don't know what they do over the summer, but if you want to work with underprivelaed kids and make a difference in their life, go volunteer at Holy Cross.

I don't think you're going to find anything to work on having to do with ecotourism or nature conservation on Ambergris Caye, but I'm sure there's lots of it on the mainland.

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
Would Holy Cross provide free lodging if anyone volunteered there?

Fisch

Research the conservationist groups PACT & Green Reef. We also have an Audobon society.

Micks I can look into that for you on lodging. Right now they are not set up for it but maybe they could over summer.

If you wanted to check out green reef I do not have a link you may be able check some dive shops and see if there is any reef conservation volunteer work.

I did do splash for trash and helped to clean up around pro tech dock.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Thank you a whole bunch Tacogirl! I'd love to stay for an entire summer, maybe forever...

turtleman?

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
F
Fisch Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks for your answers.
PACT and Green Reef are very interesting. I'll will contact them, also the Audobon society. Thanks Amanda smile! Hope they need a volunteer worker this summer.
If you have any other ideas for volunteer work, even in other parts of Belize or in different Organizations, please tell me. I'm really looking forward to visit Belize.

greetings form Germany

You could try here too

http://www.reefcheck.org/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Y
Y
tacogirl-

I know its nitpicking, but believe it's really the Yacht Club Dock--and their "trash in the splash". Unless things have changed, Protech is the unfortunate tennant.

Last edited by Yakivet; 02/07/07 02:54 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.