Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#229554 02/06/07 10:26 PM
T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We left SP Feb 4. It's February 7 and as I look at my pictures of paradise, it all seems weeks ago. First day after arrival - we went fishing - 13 people on 4 boats, dividing boats between mangroves and reef, off to catch our dinner for a few nights. Heavy wind, tough fishing, but we all arrived back at our dock with various levels of success and all sorts of "our guide was the best" stories- and plenty of fish for tacos and grilled fish several nights. What if the weather had been perfect? Fish overload? Thanks Steve at Coconets for finding these guides for us and getting them there right on que.

Casa de Lisa and Redonda are awesome. A private pool, a private dock, a grounds caretaker, a fantastic maid, mercy, I'm in heaven. Simon took care of our food/booze stock - perfect service.

A bunch took off for cave tubing and zip lining with Suya Tours (can't compare Suya to anyone else as we've always used them...will never know any difference unless they close up - we love Carlos) - they had a blast, got first class service on the trip. Others fished the dock, not much luck - one bone fish. The water was stirred up much of the week due to wind. More reason to drink beer and sip rum punch.

We did a lot of our own cooking so can't report much on food. However, had another lunch at Wet Willies and had great fritters and quesadillas. A town venturer brought Waraguma Lobster Burritos back for the group as an appetizer one night...oh my. I love that place.

Shopped for jewelery gifts, found a cool little jeweler on Middle St, always like the jewelry store at Fidos.

The guys went conching and lobstering with Suya.....they made our ceveche for us....ya'll....to die for! We also made our own lobster and conch fritters. I shopped for the vegies at several small shops in town and, well, for us cooking types, that is so cool.

Caught JJW for his shows. He was having a big time and so were we.

I made a lot of pics last year, this year mostly of our people having a good time. So, I'll just leave you with the narrative. Oh yeah. There was a full moon Thursday night. 350 or so sleeps.....

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ah, pithy but not paltry...Thanks but need pics!!! Are those two rental homes and where are they located.

T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I think that's a compliment. Will work on pics.

T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
And, yes, rentals thru M&M Rental. 3.5 miles south of town.

S
S
Thanks for the report - As I write it's 11 degrees outside, so the vicarious trip to the tropics is very, very welcome! We're heading to Camp Belize in June and have the week before JJW to enjoy Belize. I do hope you'll post some pictures... and any additional info. you wish you'd have known before your trip -

human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted
S
S
Thanks for the report - As I write it's 11 degrees outside, so the vicarious trip to the tropics is very, very welcome! We're heading to Camp Belize in June and have the week before JJW to enjoy Belize. I do hope you'll post some pictures... and any additional info. you wish you'd have known before your trip -

T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Brrrr susieb. We're having a warm spell - 51 degrees. Nothing much is coming to mind as far as wish I'd known. If you do many tours, you'll need plenty of cash. The major stores take travelers checks but the little stores don't. Arrive early for the shows if you want to be near the front. If you prefer some elbow space, don't sweat getting there early and take over a picnic table on the side deck. Biggest thing I'd say is stay more than one week which it sounds like you have covered....lucky dog. I looked at my pics again today and it's people people people. Hoping to get some from the rest of our group that are more scenic and less incriminating!

T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Oh, I thought of one....stretch your legs verrryyy well before climbing the ruins at Lamanai!

Last edited by Tarbaby; 02/07/07 08:23 PM.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Scenic is good...incriminating better....nekkid is best! :-)
(Yes was a compliment)

S
S
We're just hoping we haven't 'aged out' of incriminating!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.