Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22988 06/11/00 05:41 PM
L
LynnB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We're planning our first trip for next winter and I have lots of questions even after reading all the great info on this board. After looking at a number of places I am leaning toward Tropica, thoughts? I am really wanting a stretch of beach uncluttered by so many docks and piers. How's the day trip to Caye Caulker? What's to do there? What eating possibilities are there for vegetarians? I won't go on and on now, may post more Qs later! Thanks

#22989 06/12/00 01:25 PM
As for your trip next winter, you'll have a wonderful time. If you are a vegetarian, I recommend a place to stay with a kitchen. The menus at many places in my experience, didn't really have a lot to choose from for vegetarians, mostly fish, chicken and pork, but there is a veggie store on front street that has more of the kind of vegetables you may be familiar with. The little fruit stands of course have lots of wonderful things for very reasonable prices, but even the grocery stores are short on veggies. The bakeries are fabulous. The main staple food on the island is red beans and rice cooked in coconut milk. You will find it everywhere. Very good, but know you may want more variety. Have a nice trip. Debbie

#22990 06/13/00 04:33 PM
W
W
La Margarita restaurant serves huge
veggie burritos and also veggie fajitas....really great! Don't miss the
margaritas.....the best in San Pedro! The restaurant is located on the South end of
the island....walking distance to Tropica.

[This message has been edited by windstar (edited 06-13-2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 196 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.