Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229732 02/08/07 11:24 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hello!

A few friends and I will be traveling to San Perdo Feb 13-18 and I thought I might be able to get some good ideas here. It will be my first time there. I am a musicain and like to find other musicains to jam with. Also I am interested in fishing too. THat pajama party in the other post sounded fun! heheh

Any infomation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Donna Lynn
My bands website !

B
B
Check the local schedule when you arrive. Lots going on and with a smile like yours, no problem. Enjoy.

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the response Beachbumin! Local schedule? You mean like a newspaper? hehe I will probbaly do that but was hoping someone here could guide me to things the general public might not find there first time in San Pedro. Or thngs that arent listed in a schedule.... like go to **** on **** night. They have an open mic or go to *** often you will find people playing music or the best fishing from shore is found at *** using **** type of pole and bait.

What about the best dive shop or fishing place? Stuff like that

Thanks!

There is regular jam sessions at The Palapa Bar, Fido's, sometimes BC's. Get the 2 local newsparpers whern you get there and see who's where. Dennis Wolfe hosts open mics & Barefoot Skinny as well (if he is on the island at that time). Also check out Mata Grande Hotel http://www.matagrandestudios.com/on the N side (used to be Sundiver, just ask anyone for directions) Now owned by a musician and has a recording studio, etc. They often have jams as well. You'll have fun!

Monday nite at Roadkill is country/hillbilly jam, hosted by Dennis Wolfe. A whole lot of fun pickin' and grinnin'!! grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Hi Donna Dennis Wolfe a must see. Not sure who live music will be on Sat night at Blue water, but will be a fun crowd.

Reposting this info here....

Friday Feb 9
Pedro's boarders night

Saturday Feb 10
Sunbreeze after skydivers welcome feast, 10 pm for dancing and live band

Sunday Feb 11th
Afternoon BC's Dennis Wolfe plays starting at 2:30
Late afternoon (not sure start time) Big Poker tourney Pedro's lots of boarders will be there and it will be fun.

Wed Feb 14th
Holy Cross kids party all welcome bouncy tent candy games skydiving show will be fun. (pm me for details)

6 pm on Valentines Pajama Pizza Party at Pedro's. Get your pj's on and come on out for some Valentines drinks and fun. (If you show up without your pj's, you will be required to by a drink for anyone in pj's)

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

D
OP Offline
D
The grinning and picking sounds puurfect! but I arrive on a tuesday and leave sunday so I wil miss Monday! Bummer! I wil be sure to check the other ones out though!

Thanks so much for your responses! Keep'm coming!

Going to buy a fly fishing rod and reel to bring with! YOU can fish from the piers right?

Some piers you can Donna but not all.

You can also fish down by the cut as well.

There are past threads on that if you search you might find one.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Where is roadkill? We don't remember seeing that the last two times we have been there!

Roadkill is a small bar that is on the east side of the old Iguana nightclub.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.