Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230157 02/14/07 12:10 AM
F
fugazi Offline OP
OP Offline
F
With a stay of up to two months ... how does one purchase meds in AC?

Do I bring prescription(s). Will such Dr. scripts be honored at AC drug store? Any idea of the general cost (more or less than stateside) of such things such as oral diabetes meds, lipitor and general script meds limited stateside to a 30 days supply when I'm going to be AC longer.

Has there been any issue(s) carrying (a vacation supply, i.e. 30 days) prescription meds thru BZ customs?

-Thx

I don't know whether this applies but when I was in SP, all sorts of prescription meds (antibiotics, etc etc) were offered to me even though I didn't have an Rx. Be prepared to shell out a lot of money for any kind of medicine though.

I brought my prescription meds (more than I needed) and went through customs just fine. I would suggest you bring whatever you need from the states vs. buying in AC.

if u get travel medical insurance ur insurance provider will reimburse u! its always good to have insurance... better sage than sorry!

shell out a lot of money for prescriptions??? They are at least half the price or less than in the US and no you do not need a prescription. I suggest the opposite! If you they carry them in Belize why would you bring them from the states when they are so cheap there!

Agree 100% with K-Z-K I cut the bottom of my foot walking along the shore line, went to the pharmacy & got very strong pain killer for .50 cents each, won't say what it was but you would definately need a script for it in the U.S.

I buy my diabetic medicine here, metformin and glyburide. The glyburide is 1,000 tablets got 68Bze. The Metformin is 65Bze for 500 tablets. That would be about my deductible costs in the US. Most meds are much cheaper here as they are imported from England, Canada, and Germany.

yep. mexico too. It's a bargin, I pay 1/4 what I would in the US.

S
S
Get some extra meds from your dr. or pharmacy. They should with a quick explanation. The meds here are cheaper but they may not be the same 100%. Most of the meds here are made in Guatemala and/or Salvador. Almost the same and cheaper. You may want to play it a little safe and bring an extra supply of want you are taking in the US.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
just check the ingredients, all the ones I have bought have been the exact same and many even in the same boxes.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.