Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jolene Offline OP
OP Offline
I am looking forward to finishing chemotherapy for recurrent ovarian cancer at the end of March and would love to celebrate/recuperate in San Pedro. Since medical expenses have been rather outrageous, my husband and I are looking for an inexpensive place to stay for 3 weeks, either in April or May. Would love to have a place near town, on or near the beach, with kitchenette. We've been to San Pedro many times, and are hoping that someone, please, can make us a deal!

Last edited by Jolene; 02/13/07 04:14 PM.
Check out Exotic Caye in the Lodging section of this board. They have a great summer special (starting May 1) for a one-bedroom beachfront condo ($579/week plus a one-day cart rental thrown in). It's just south of town and has a nice pool and great bar (Crazy Canuck's).

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Hi Jolene

Just chiming in here to wish you a speedy recovery and congrats on finishing your treatment. I think a three week get-a-way in San Pedro is just what the doctor would order and just what you deserve!!

All the best!

Jolene Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks KC - looks like it could really be our kind of place - how long a walk is it from town? Is Crazy Canuck's constantly crazy - or ... kinda crazy sometimes? Hate to say it - after going to Ruby's for early coffee, Estelle's for breakfast, wandering around, swimming, drinking a bit too much belikin, checkin' out how things have changed, etc., etc., I might need a nap - or early to bed. What do you know about 7 Seas? A friend of mine stayed there once and loved it, but that was a couple of years ago.i'm Also going to check out the Conch Shell - what do you think there?

Catdog - I'm sure my doc would write a prescription - do you think that would make the trip at least tax-deductible?

I think Conchshell would be too noisy for you.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Jolene, Canucks's is at the far north end of Exotic Caye and I don't recall ever having noise issues in our room, but to be on the safe side you could ask for one at the south end of the resort. It's about a fifteen minute walk to the center of town, if you don't stop at Bc's first.

I don't have any experience with 7 Seas or Conch Shell. good luck, good health and have fun!! smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.