Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230192 02/14/07 01:55 PM
J DOG Offline OP
OP Offline
Just got back from S.P. 2/11. I wanted to rent a golf cart for a couple of days & tried Moncho but they had none available, they said to try Captain G's which was right next to Limes across from Tropic & next door to the Sunbreeze Hotel.
Cost was about $65us per day. As soon as I drove off it sounded kind of funny but I went to the Blue Tang & picked up my wife , the noise got worse so I took it back a couple hrs. later,the lady called the owner to look at it & he said the ball joints were bad as well as the clutch & parking brake, he gave me his which was better until the next day & it started making similar noise so I returned it later that day. I was so fustrated I didn't say anything because I was glad to just get rid of it.
It was a gas cart & I filled it up only took about 2 gal. gas.
Bottom line I would reccomend everyone to stay away from Capt. G's. I'm coming back in May & need a GOOD cart for a week. I want a good cart so who should I try?
Thanks for any suggestions.

J DOG #230200 02/14/07 02:47 PM
Cholos, hands down.....we've rented from them for a month at a time for several years now. They like you to swap for another cart once a week so they can check out the one you turn in even though you did not have problems with it. They are very service conscious. Their email address is [email protected]
Tell them Al Kruebbe referred you.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
J DOG Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks LOANSUM,
Just what I wanted to hear, I will definately mention your name to them.
Thanks again!!

J DOG #230211 02/14/07 04:04 PM
I just got back 2/10. Rented a cart for the week from Ultimate Rentals. Had it all worked out ahead of time, they corresponded promptly to my emails, delivered & picked up from my room, and overall I was extremely pleased with their service. No problems with the cart all week - not counting a bump I hit up North that sprung a minor leak under the cart, I dropped the cart off at Ultimate, they gave me a replacement and had my original cart fixed within an hour.

Thus I'd recommend you consider using them.

We have always rented from Ultimate also and have been very pleased. They were so great to work with and as jamblu said they will drop off and pick up whereever you want. We are going again in March and already have a cart reserved from them!

J DOG #230228 02/14/07 07:00 PM
A
A
Cholos is who we used and had no problems. We only rented we were traveling outside of town. Cholo himself was a hoot!

Ames #230246 02/14/07 11:31 PM
K
K
I rented from Cars R Us, they were very good and courteous. The sad fact is that golf carts break down ALL THE TIME. I really wouldn't hold a golf cart breaking down against the rental agency. The roads on the island beat the hell out of any golf cart, and regular maintenence can only do so much. I would judge them by how they respond when a golf cart breaks down. If they give you a replacement right away, and are prompt and courteous, great. Thats about all you can ask for.

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
J DOG Offline OP
OP Offline
I've decided to go with Cholos, thanks to all who responded.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.