Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#230454 02/16/07 11:40 PM
OP Offline
Hubby and I arriving for 10 days in March staying at Banana Beach.Saw a disturbing post recently about restaurant at BB and wondering if we should be concerned?
Also planning a fishing trip or two(diving too) found three names and could use info or recommendations: Tulu, Pete Graniel, and Hilyboo. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Go on your vacation, don't worry about anything . . .be in the Belizean mode. You won't need to worry about any of these things, you will enjoy everything that happens to you and anything that happens that you would find unacceptable at home, will go into your vaca scrap book, as an island experience.

Myself, I leave my stress, agitation, short patience, etc. in the airport in Houston and I pick up some of it on my way home. Every time I go home, there is less to pick up and cart back with me.

(Bad service one morning at BB?? Big fricken deal, you are in Belize!!!!!!!!)

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

We eat at BB at least once a week, they are close by us. The food is good and the service 99 times out of 100 is good. Not fast food. They have great ceasar salad and my husband like their burgers for lunch.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Even though I haven't eaten at El Divino I have heard nothing but good things about BB , Don't let one negative post change your mind, Don't change a thing!

Last edited by J DOG; 02/17/07 09:00 AM.
J DOG #230466 02/17/07 09:07 AM
C
C
We ate at BB last week. The food and service were both very good. Have friends that stay there every year and like it very much. Go and enjoy!

We eat at El Divino's at least twice, sometimes more everytime we go to Belize. They have good breakfasts and great dinners with a nice romantic atmosphere. I'd be shocked if you didn't like it. But, keep in mind there are so many good restaurants in San Pedro, you'll want to try them all.

ArtZ SmartZ
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Always enjoy the breakfasts at BB, occasionally sluggish service, so what, more time to bs. Dinners have always been good but don't miss lots of the other places AC has to offer. Try a different place every night (ignore that "lacklustre" review of Blue Water Grille also...great place.)dont miss Casa Picasso.
Havent fished with Tulu but he gets rave reviews from all.
Can vouch for Pete Graniel, good fisherman, lots of fun, nice guy.
Avoid Hillyboo like the plague.
Pancho Verde was disappointing.
Arely Marin was great, not sure what boat he has now but he is worth tracking down.
That's my HO.

#230509 02/18/07 01:43 AM
Check out my fishing and food trip reports I try to do each month .You will see my 2 cents woth.. Great places in sanpedro to dine.. ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
OP Offline
Thanks all, having trouble contacting fishing guides, guess they are out fishing everyday.
Any one else have first hand experiences with a favorite fishing captain?

M
M
We chartered a boat for one day and had a great time - snorkeling, fishing, shore lunch. Uprising was boat's name and Eric Henzic was our fishing guide. Very pleasant young man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.