BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229901 02/11/07 12:58 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I have a family of six that is traveling to Belize for the FIRST time next year, 1/2/08 - 1/12/08. It is my wife, myself & (4) 19 - 25 yr. old kids. Can't decide between Caye Caulker & Ambergris. Both seem nice. I need help deciding from those that have been there or are living there.

Here is what I need to help make a decision:
1. Nightlife for the kids
2. Not too remote (if north of town, not too far)
3. Would prefer beachfront.

Direct e-m if you like: [email protected]

Thanks for any input, Steve

Don't ask me no questions,
I'll tell you no lies!
B
B
I am also going to Belize for the first time in April...we are going with a doctor friend who will be opening a mission there. He has been going there for years and has purchased a condo there at the Paradise Villas. From what I have read and heard about this resort it is fanastic. The Dr's website is http://www.ambergriscondo.com
He has a two bedroom that aslo has a pullout sofa and a murphy bed in the living room, the whole unit could be rented also the upstairs unit is 1 br and has a pull out sofa. They both have kicthens . The resort is in walking distance to everything there is a bar on a pier right next door. There is a small coral reef off the dock and a dive shop right there too. The rates are reasonable as well. The pool is great because it is BYOB, so no expensive bar bills!

Hope this helps... smile

great pool at Paridise villas also, good location also right on North edge of town, Wet Willies right there

AC is more built up and has more going on than CC. It depends on what you are looking for. For nightlife & lots of choices of great restaurants, AC would probably be the better choice. Personally I think in town or S of town would be good for your group. You might want to look at places that have large 2 or more bedroom units like Banana Beach, Xanadu, The Palms, Exotic Caye, Banyan Bay - all good for families and not too far from town. Easily accessible by road, for biking, taxi or walking.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks, we are looking into places in A.C. Still trying to secure flight dates with FF points. That's the key.

Don't ask me no questions,
I'll tell you no lies!
T
T
belizehereicome,

p.v.'s is nice but it is dated (20 years old), the reef you refer to is a small man made set of obstacles(for want of a better word)but not a coral reef. the pier is nice for sunbathing and swimming but the water is only 5 to 6 ft deep. you can snorkel there and under the nearby wet willie's(a good restuarant) dock(30yards to the north) and see a fair amount of fish. the grounds(courtyard) is immaculate and the property manager is very accommodating. we were there for the second time in january and enjoyed our stay. there is a hardware store and two grocery stores just accross the street and you are a short walk(2 to 3 minutes) on the beach to downtown san pedro

C
C
I live on Caye Caulker and dont much like the hectic pace of SP. However I have 2 sons in there 20s and they much prefer SP. If I had kids your age I would choose San Pedro. be prepared to spend more money, even on snorkle trips etc. As for lodging check into the Spindrift Hotel, it is on the beach , centrally located, they have 2 rooms that are 2 brm, livingroom, kitchen, very large, very nice and very reasonable!!

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
I
I
We rented a golf cart and went resort hopping in San Pedro. From what I saw I would stay at Ramones Village especialy for the young adults..plus it has one of the only beaches on AC. For the price you get a lot..there are some places that are very expensive and you don't get much more..like Victoria House (very high priced).

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day