Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#230687 02/21/07 11:02 AM
joey-jo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey All,

I'm new to this message board... so hi everyone!

*waves frantically*

Anyhoo, the reason I joined is that I got offered a job in San Pedro I simply couldn't refuse... so I am moving there (next week). Thing is, I don't know jack about San Pedro. I've just been there once.

I do have a place to stay, so that is not a problem... just everything else! Anyone has any recommendations as to where's an affordable place to shop (I'd much rather buy my groceries in Belize City, but if I must shop in SP - where?). How about good, affordable restaurants?

Next thing is cable and internet. I found out somewhere that Coral Cablevision offers internet - what's the cost and how is the service? And what about their cable? How many channels? Cost?

What about things to do? Any recommendations? Anything I should avoid or beware of? I'll be browsing the other threads over the next couple days, but any added info any of you could provide would be fantastic and very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! S.P here I come!

- Joey

"Don't be afraid to go out on a limb... that's where the fruit is!"
Joey

Lots of cheap eats here and some decent places to shop too. We usually go between a few different places to get best prices.

we pay about 129 bzd for middle speed at coral cable. For cable tv is about $40

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

joey-jo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi tacogirl,

Thanks for the info. Internet service is actually cheaper there than in Belize City it seems.

I have so many things to do, I don't know where to begin. This is a spontaneous move and change of employment.

Interesting times are ahead!

Thx again tacogirl! :-)

joey - jo,

The shops we use most often are

Marina's
Superbuy
San Pedrano's
Ritchie's (best price on Carribean Rum we have found)

Also, you will get to know a lot of small shop holders who sell good produce at a reasonable price. There are also people who deliver fresh produce from Belize City and you can hook up with them. They have good prices.

You'll find loads of information about cheap eating places by doing a search on this message board. Those have been discussed many times. Good luck with the move.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

and Castillo-Spa-something. It is near the old Thai restaraunt around the corner from the Fitness Center. It is by far the cheapest, everything in bulk or packages of threes.

S
S
Just bring lots of cash, that seems to ease the transition. You'll learn quickly once you get here, it's a small island.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
seems to ease a lot of things SIN smile

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
joey-jo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey,

Thanks everyone for the tips. Much appreciated.

And SIN... if I had lots of cash, it would be called a vacation and not a job move wink.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Electronics fail rapidly with the regular power surges. I've lost three TVs and a desktop computer in not much more than a month. Get a good UPS and use it.

#230758 02/22/07 12:25 AM
joey-jo Offline OP
OP Offline
WOW, thanks pedro for the advice. Thank God I already have a good one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.