Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231037 02/27/07 06:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Anyone who understands should be aware that the uninstall programs provided with Hotspot Shield and with Anchor Free both contain malicious trojans, though the basic software seems OK. Anyone using these should delete the uninstall programs after installation and in no circumstances run them. Rely on the built-in Windows uninstall facilities instead.

If you don't understand this message then it doesn't apply to you.

Interesting. How did you notice the trojans?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've started using a much more effective anti-virus-and-spyware package, and it found them. For the record it's called Bullguard and it's excellent.

I've heard this so many time before. Unless you "opt-in" by not de-selecting the "rewards bar" feature, I have not had a problem. The "rewards bar" is obviously spyware. They plainly explain this. I have done one google search after another looking for evidence that the AF base service contains malware. Could someone please supply evidence from a major anti-malware firm about AF (sans rewards bar) containing a trojan?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
As I said, it is the uninstall programs which contain the trojans. You install these every time you install Hotspot Shield, regardless of whether you opt for the rewards bar. Depending what anti-malware software you run, analyse those programs if you have them on your computer. I don't think Norton finds the trojans, but several of the better ones do.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Bitdefender (who generate virus definitions for most anti-malware suppliers) have now examined the HSS download file and have pronounced the trojans non-malicious. They have withdrawn it from their virus definitions, so future scans shouldn't pick it up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.