Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Was the monkey put down ie killed?

S
S
She posted pictures of the bite marks that look pretty horrific. I assume she signed a release, but, here in the US the spa might still be liable due to ignoring the monkey's predilection to bite. "Every dog gets one bite" would probably apply to "pet" monkeys. Nevertheless, you are assuming a certain amount of risk when you go into the jungle in another country. Interesting in terms of the legal issues but a really awful thing to have happened on vacation.

K
K
Wow, that really sucks. I'm not sure what kind of justice she expects the US embassy to be able to help her get. I think the only thing she can do is sue the resort in a Belizian court. The monkey should be killed because it is a danger to other people.

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
Ok, lemme get this straight. We take an animal out of it's natural habitat, make it a "pet" and expect it to behave according to "human" standards, are shocked when it acts like an animal, then kill it as punishment. Makes no bloody sense to me.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
P
P
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
These are pictures of me at Maruba. When we were there about five years ago there was a howler who was a real pain and this spider who was the sweetest thing you could imagine. She cried and pouted when I tried to leave her. It was heartbreaking. I hope this wasn't the same monkey.
Peter

Ooooo la la...

S
S
Never trust someone who keeps animals in captivity, the monkey is a wild animal and can't be blamed.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
RMT Offline
TQ ,I trust you are not checking out da' monkey.....

Such a shame. We were at Maruba, and Poncho came up to me with his arms up, and wanted me to pick him up, which I did, and he gave me little kisses. This was four or five years ago, so maybe he's gotten old and cranky, or maybe he was upset over something. I'm so sorry your experience was so awful. We rode the horses, and my husband almost got thrown off, but fortunately managed to hang on. I am pretty experienced on horseback, so I didn't think anything of it until we got back to the lounge and he told me how upsetting it was. I guess Maruba needs to take a long look at how they are treating their patrons. Please don't use Maruba as a model for the rest of Belize. There are so many positive experiences there, this is not the norm..

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.