Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231784 03/07/07 08:36 PM
B
OP Offline
B
My husband and I are staying at White Sands Cove in June. How far is this from town? I have read about people getting their golf carts stuck in the mud when they have traveled north. Are the roads really that bad? What company do you recommend renting golf carts from?

Also, we want to scuba dive. Is there a reputable diving establishment that you recommend?

And finally, did we make a good choice staying at White Sands?

Great resource for distances...

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

Yes, the roads are that bad. I'll leave others to advise on reputable companies for diving and carts. If you haven't tried the search function on this page, quite a few opinions have been shared on these topics already. Never been to White Sands, but it appears to be far enough to where you would want to use the water taxi for primary town transportation and cart for fun.

I personally find San Pedro to be a quaint little drinking town with a diving problem. smile

Have fun!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Starting with your last question- yes! I think it is an excellent choice. I love it there. The entire place is great, wonderful and friendly staff, beautiful one and two bedroom accomodations with kitchens, beautiful beach...

It is not "far enough". It is one of the first stop north of the cut! You will get to town easy on golf carts! (unless it is really, really, really rainy then perhaps you may have problems and prefer the water taxi) or bikes. You could take the water taxi too and it's only 5 minutes to town from White Sands Cove.

I'd say bike along the beach 15 min to town.

Was hoping you'd chime-in Kra-Z-K -- you know best.

Biking is a great idea. I plan to do more of that on my next visit.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Well thanks Otteralum, though you have a valid point if it happens to be raining day after day, day and night then one would be best to do the water taxi. Otherwise it is very close and easy to golf cart or bike the beach in. For one that wants to stay north out of town but not far north I really recommend White Sands.

W
W
Hi there. This is Michelle, one of the owners of White Sands Cove. You should have received all of that information in our original correspondence with you and certainly in your confirmation email. Here are some excerpts from the email that we send to our guests...

Travel around the island/Golf Carts
White Sands Cove Resort is the first resort north of San Pedro, just 2.5 miles from town. This makes getting up and down the coast a breeze. The Island Ferry, a convenient service that runs boats north and south every hour, makes White Sands Cove Resort its final stop going south before reaching San Pedro and its first stop going north after departing town. The ride on the ferry, to and from town, takes approximately 10 minutes and costs $7.00 USD per person each way. The next time you think you're paying a lot for gasoline remember it is $5.00 USD per gallon here in San Pedro. We also have our own private water taxi driver who can come to pick our guests up at any time between 7:00am and 6:00pm. Golf carts can also be rented and are a great way to explore the island. If you think you will want to rent one during your stay, please let us know, and we will email you a price list. We also have 15 beach bicycles, all with baskets for shopping, for riding anywhere you want on the island. You can rent them for $5.00 per person for the whole day, and they come with a lock. It's great exercise riding on the beach to town!

Diving and Snorkeling
White Sands Dive Shop is headed up by PADI staff instructor Elbert Greer. Please check out our new diving website at www.whitesandscovediveshop.com. As a Trainer for Master Divers wanting to become Dive Instructors in their own right, Elbert is well regarded as one of the most experienced divers on the island. Certification courses, taught by Elbert, take place in our pool daily and multiple dive and snorkel trips depart our dock on one of several beautiful dive boats throughout the day. With one of the best safety records on the island and a diverse map of dive sites for skill levels ranging from beginner to advanced, Elbert and his team of top notch divers are sure to give you a diving experience you'll never forget!

White Sands Dive Shop has two dive boats and run dive and snorkel trips four times daily at 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:30pm and night diving at 5:00pm. In addition to diving and snorkeling, we also offer resort courses, full certifications and referral courses which begin in our pool and then, right out to the reef for a shallow dive on your first day! Elbert and his team are also certified nitrox divers. The price of a 2-tank dive is $75.00 USD which includes tax and it lasts about 2-1/2 hours. We will be working on dive packages for 2007, but if you do more than five dives per person, you will get a 10% discount. If you need any dive equipment like BC's, regulators, snorkels, masks, fins or even a wet suit, you can rent it from us for a nominal charge.

We look forward to meeting you in June!

Thanks,
Michelle

bs122196, F.Y.I. The Island Ferry (Water taxi) Boats will also stop at almost any dock between White sands cove and San Pedro town (and vice- versa), For instance if you wanted to get off at Beach n' kitchen or the Palappa Bar they will drop you there and you could just walk 1/2 mile north along the beach to White sands after words. You can also call the Ferry from white sands and ask them to pick you up and drop you off at one of the many resturants located north of White sands. And again they will bring you back when you are ready. I don't recall the Island ferry website address, But there is a sceduale on it. I'm sure someone at white sands can help you with that.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.