Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by deadserious
Thanks everyone for your realtor suggestions and I'll certainly look into "The Cloisters" as well.

It seems like there is a vast difference in price per square foot on the island. Is the difference really just construction/location/decoration or is it just a case of certain developments/developers getting greedy?

Don't forget about Sueno Del Mar, its up North, but has free internet, plus a lot of other features. PM me for more info.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
S
S
Locals usually purchase homes to avoid the condo cluster funk (with various owners in one property who either think they own the ENTIRE property or get hooked up with a "management company" who has a different agenda than the owners).

Stick with an established condominium complex with a good track record and local developers who have lived and continue to live here in opposition to those who recently arrived to ride the condo wave and head of to Nicarauga in a few years.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
We've been going to San Pedro since 1989 and just bought. After all these years, we like north of the cut the best because of the lack of cars, traffic, higher land, and more trees!

We ended up buying at THE CLOISTERS after looking at everything all the way to Sueno Del Mar. Bob is the owner/builder and was great to work with. The condos are across from Reef Village, 60 feet from the ocean, cathedral ceilings, and the best price as far as we were concerned. Also, it's only one mile from the center of town. There is one building almost done, so it's still pre-construction.

If you want more info, I can give you Bob's email address. He has layouts, pics, and such. Hope this helps!

flip flop #230849 02/23/07 05:54 PM
D
D
You have been given some great advice here. Talk to as many people as you can. In person is always best. This chat room is a good start - but will not always provide the in-depth information you will need to make an informed decision. (there are many commercial interests here)

- Talk to current residents (and neighbors) of the complex if possible. (aside from your realtor) .
- Read the Association bylaws (this can be very important).
- Consider your lifestyle: Do you want to buy in a quiet residential complex., or one that is more active, some complexes have a revolving door of vacationers (who tend to have less respect for neighbors & property).

You don't want to be relaxing by the pool with your Grandchildren and find yourself in the middle of something like this (or maybe you do?):

http://www.blackeroticaguide.com/vacations/nightlife.htm

Belize is a Great Place! Take your time finding your perfect piece of paradise.

Hi. We just got home from San Pedro today, and own a condo at Reef Village. We were the first ones to buy there, and were a little concerned, but it has exceeded our expectations. We are very happy with it, and are also having a villa built in the same project.
Everyone is giving you good information, and it is something that you will have to check out for yourselves. I still feel like RV is the best buy on the island, but of course, I'm a little biased. In any event, no matter where you buy, I'm sure you will love it. You and your wife really do need to investigate every condo you are interested in. Chris at Pelican REalty is a wonderful person, and will do his level best to help you make the best choice.
Good luck..

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
S
S
We purchased one of 2 remaining units at www.oceanairebelize.com in February--north of the bridge. Prices lower than many. Loved their sunset view patio connected to master bedroom. And the ocean front patios--of course. Happy with builder and his family. We plan to spend 6 - 8 months of year in San Pedro. Can't wait for fishing, diving, and golf carting thru the puddles.

We are from Houston and San Pedro captured us.

Barbara K #231961 03/09/07 02:42 PM
You all have piqued my interest here in condos. We'll be in SP in 2 weeks and while its mostly for a vacation, we do have a desire to seek a tropical area to retire to in the next 8 -10 years. We've always thought we would buy property on the beach and build a small home, but the condo thing sounds intriguing. Does anyone own their condos a few years prior to living there more or less year round, but visit, oh say for a few weeks at a time and rent it the other weeks? My thought was, is it feasible and legal to own a beach condo, rent it during high season, and then still spend a few weeks/year there too?

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
6string #231968 03/09/07 03:59 PM
Yes

CHOOCHOO #231987 03/09/07 08:40 PM
C
C
Just a note: Hurricane Wilma did not hit Belize. Please be aware that, if you were there, you only experienced the outer fringes of what a hurricane is all about.

That said, good luck with your search and enjoy your time on AC. I have to agree (without any real estate connections there) that it won't get less affordable tomorrow than it is today.

Except for that global warming thing.

I was going to get a life, but this was easier.
6string #232058 03/11/07 10:10 AM
"Does anyone own their condos a few years prior to living there more or less year round, but visit, oh say for a few weeks at a time and rent it the other weeks? My thought was, is it feasible and legal to own a beach condo, rent it during high season, and then still spend a few weeks/year there too?"

That is the plan for us, although it will still be a few years (20 if we're lucky!). PM me if you want further info.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.