Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#232108 03/11/07 10:22 PM
A
Adman Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We have just returned from our first trip to Belize and we loved it! During this trip we saw Manatees, dolphins, Manta Ray, Eagle Ray, sharks, eels, howler monkeys, sea horse and much more!

Here are some pics:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/adman2u2004/album/576460762393108264

click on the slideshow button to see it a little better.

Reviews - this is not being written to start a debate with those who disagree with my choices...I am doing this as a resource for other first timers.

Lodging & diving - we satyed at Sunbreeze and used their on site dive vendor, Aqua Dives. Both the hotel staff and the dive masters were extremely helpful and friendly. Moderately priced when bought as combo....located on ocean. Beautiful courtyard.

Dining

Rubys- This is my favorite brakfast place and I will miss it very much! Homemade cinnamon rolls, fruit bowls, Johnny cakes and more. Extremely affordable, good food and service....chairs on beach.

Celi's - we had lunch here and I like their screened patio with sand floor. I found the food to be exceptional! Prices are moderate, ocean view

El Patio - very good food and serice, moderate prices, but no ocean view

Caramba - extremely good food (jerk shrimp & coconut shrimp, good service, moderate price, no ocean view

Blue water Grill- Great location and ambiance, food and service are good, a bit pricey but wonderful ocean view

Wild Mangoes - I looked forward to dining here because so many people had good things to say about it. This was the biggest disappointment on our trip! The staff was too busy waiting on "people who knew the owner" and they totally ignored us. We talked to another couple who had the same thing happen the week before. The owner /chef was also preparing elaborate meals for these people. When I finally received my Mahi Mahi, it was the smallest serving I have ever seen in my lfe and it was very average in taste. The bottom line is if you know the owner, you will get good food and service, otherwise it is a very expensive gamble although it has a nice ocean view. I wish I could recommend this, but I cannot. I believe this has tremendous potential, but they have to get past these issues.

Fido's - this is a fun place for casual dining! Good food for lunch, reasonable, good service and great view...you will enjoy it!

I hope this helps. San Pedro& Belize are wonderful places....go experience them!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Adman,
pics were wonderful and report aphoristic.
Thanks!

Great pics Adman, very good u.w shots love the turtle pics.

sounds like u enjoyed urself!!! thx for sharing!!!

A
Adman Offline OP
OP Offline
A
By the way, part of my earlier submission was lost in the posting. Here it is:

Personal Tours
We used Tuff Enuff Tours for a cuise, Manatee tours and Baboon Sanctuary. They are fantastic! Tuff Enuff believes in providing personal service to their clients. Here is their web page if interested: http://www.tuffenufftourbelize.com/

Adman, thanks for sharing your pictures....awesome.

Dare To Deviate
Adman, those are really great pictures! Thanks for sharing them - and your opinions.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.