Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mobow Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My wife and I will be in San Pedro last week of may thru first week of June. I really enjoy trying to enjoy a place from a local perspective. Can anyone give me an idea what to expect from the street vendors as well as any reviews of the places where the locals eat. I have read many reports and reviews of the must trys but would like to hear about the lesser known establishments. keith

It's not hard to spot the local vendors. They're everywhere. In town I like to go to "the park". There are a few of them who mainly serve the same stuff but it varies. The first vendor closest to the street serves the best tacos, the next two or three down has the absolute best potato salad and curry chicken. Really super good stuff. You can get BBQ chicken plate all over town although, Lion's Den serves the best!

M
mobow Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanx TQ. The count down is on. keith

Hon Offline
Try the burritos at Waraguma, a little hole in the wall on Middle St. The lobster burrito, while not cheap at $20BZ, is as big as your head and will easily feed two people at lunch.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
there is a TINY little place on the corner across from the Pan Dulce bakery on middle street. HANDS DOWN the best food i've had on the island. beats the pants off the park...and talk about CHEAP...and YUM YUM YUMMY!

D
DB Offline
D
There's a small hole in the wall adjacent to Jaguar patio (side street)I think it is called Cocina Coca Cola or something like that. $5 bz for stew chicken, rice, beans and coleslaw. Decent food and they usually stay open late - midnight or after Jaguars shuts down most nites.

L
L
For 10$ Celis Deli on Barrier Reef Drive makes a clubhouse sandwich you can barely get your hands around. The homemade desserts are fantastic. Order at the counter take your lunch acrossed the street and "picnic" at the Holiday Hotel on the patio and enjoy the ocean view. I order from there at least twice a week for lunch.

S
S
The "Burger Ladies" by Ritchies Supermarket make a great burger for $4BZ.

also across from Fido's... PINA's... good specials all the time! it was under $10... i found it to be enuff sometimes to split between 2 ppl!

G
G
Pina's is located right across from the Greenhouse -its a little blue-green stand. She has a lunch special every day (great conch soup and curry chicken) for under $10, also wonderful tostados and burrito's. But she runs out of the special every day usually by 12:30, so get there early!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.