Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Rach72 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Greetings! Hopefully someone can help.... My fiance and I are experiencing some trouble making a decision for our honeymoon. We're going to be traveling Nov. 12-21 and have narrowed our search down to AC or Isla Mujeres based on the following criteria:

1. some pampering available (this can consist of laying in a hammock, with a fruity drink in hand)
2. all inclusive (if available - not crucial)
3. a little night life (we're not looking for mega clubs, just a fun beach bar and maybe some dancing)
4. things to do besides laying on the beach - in particular water sports
5. nice enough lodgings so if we don't want to leave the hotel we can still have fun
6. a fun a town or sights nearby for other adventures
7. room service would be a nice option
8. kid restricted would be great (we love them, just not for our honeymoon smile

I would love some feedback on best place to stay and if AC fits this criteria - from my research it looks like it does, but its hard to tell when you've never been there. Also, if anyone has been to Isla Mujeres as well and can compare the two based on the above, that would be super helpful!
Cheers, Rach72

Hi Rach 72, for one of the most exclusive ever, is Cayo Espanto, lone celebrities but very expensive, and definately well worth it!!!! LOVE IT! Never been to Isla, but honey, it's mexico......we're better, diving, people, new friends, all. This island is very small, within a week, you will know all and love all. Everyone can send you on more excursions than you have time for. Welcome to San Pedro!!!

Can't find my plane...
J
J
I spent time on Isla in January and San Pedro last month. Returning to San Pedro next week.

You can certainly get pampering either place.

No all inclusives on AC, the only true one on Isla is the Avalon, and it gets really mixed reviews. I think the place is in receivership, I'd hesitate to make long term plans there.

Good music and bars both places.

I think better snorkeling/diving on AC. Also I love the Mayan ruins tours more fun from AC.

I enjoy Isla, but my heart belongs to San Pedro. In all honesty the beaches are nicer on Isla.

You'll have a good time either place. I'd take a look at properties that appeal to you and take it from there.

Isla Mujeres is pretty cool... but I doubt I could spend more than a day or two there, it's only like 2 or 3 sq miles. We spent a day there, nice beach, but otherwise not much happening. Our first trip to AC is in 2 days, so I'll let ya know my impression in a couple of weeks!

Hey JeanH, we'll see ya next Wed at BC's!! What time is Happy Hour? Oh, its anytime, right?

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
never been to isla. i'm no expert, but my personal opinion is that you will not be disappointed if you decide on AC. my preference is north of the cut, or FAR south, more "private" beaches (all beaches are public, but some have far less people) and quiet. rent a golf cart to get to town and tool around in, its more fun than it sounds. also gives you freedom to come and go as you please.

no need to consider an all inclusive, there is SO much good food and drink available all over, in all price ranges. more watersports and daytrips avail than you can do in 10 days, easy. and bars? stand in some random place and spit in any direction, you'll hit one.

enjoy!

Isla is beautiful, and has a fantastic beach. Touring the island is fun, but more than a couple of days leaves you with nothing but the beach. Unfortunately, all of the Cancun clowns that come over on booze cruises or tours leaves the place with a funky feel sometimes. I would suggest AC also. Just my opinion, of course. As Jane said, so many great places to eat within walking distance kind of makes an all-inclusive unnecessary. AC is different. You don't just visit, you become a part of it.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
R
Rach72 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Great! Thank you everyone for all the info. I checked out Cayo Espanto, it looks AMAZING but its out of our price range.... Any suggestions for the best honeymoon lodging in AC for around $300 or less per night? thanks again smile

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Kind of depends on how far away from town you want to be. My suggestions are:

North: Capricorn
In Town: Ramon's
South: Xanadu
South: Victoria House

All should meet your price range, but again, depends on how remote you want to be. North locations, in all liklihood, require a water taxi, in town or south locations, golf cart.

There is a short (and I mean really short) article on Isla in this month's Caribbean Travel and Life. You might want to check it out, Rach. It is the "Affordable Day in..." article.

Having been to both, I have to agree with the others. While Isla is beautiful, it doesn't seem have enough to keep me busy after a day or two. According to the CTL article, Isla is only 5 miles long and 1/2 mile wide (good estimate, 6string!), so with 10 days on your hands, you could literally walk the whole island multiple times!

AC offers so much, from beach to ruins to snorkeling to boat rides to great restaurants to mainland excursions to impromptu golf cart tours, just to name a few. And you won't even miss the all-inclusive resort! It is much more fun to sample a little bit of everything and not be tied down to one resort anyway!

If you want an all inclusive, there is a very nice one in Belize (and no kids allowed!). www.kanantik.com Not on AC but on the southern shore of the mainland on a very nice beach.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.