Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#233220 03/23/07 08:44 AM
OP Offline
I meant to ask this while I was there.

At the hotel (Sunbreeze), we were told that the faucet & shower used non-potable water. I also remember the same thing from my visit 20 years ago (different hotel).

Is this the same for the locals? Or is that for the hotels in order to save water?

thanks,

lee

S
S
Many homes and hotels use well water to save money. The cost of BWS water can be prohibitive.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
A guest of ours was quite unpleasantly ill recently with some form of amoebic infection after making tea with what we believe must have been well water (from a faucet at Paradise Villas?). I know lots of people who drink BWS piped water with no ill effects, though to me it doesn't taste the best, but many other people choose to use bottled water. Drinking well water is a no-no, unless you purify it chemically.

#233243 03/23/07 10:39 AM
OP Offline
BWS is the water company in SP?

Is BWS water piped into the homes or delivered only?

Typically is piped water well water?

BWSL is the company responsible for the distribution of city water, which is produced at the desalination plant owned and run by Consolidated Water Services.

Some properties have well water, some have cistern water, some have city water and some use a combination.

If you are drinking city water, it is potable. Some also drink cistern water - I think it depends on how well you maintain your cisterns. Whether you receive city water, cistern water or well water will depend on when, where and who developed the property. Piped city water is not available on some parts of the island.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

C
C
we have always used rain water since i can remember, its natural and pure, unless someone drains our water vat(holding tank), then we use BWSL, have never had a problem with both as far a sickness goes.....

S
S
Lizards like to s**t on the roof...big lizards!

C
C
i guess i must be used to the big lizards then... cuz its good water to shower with and cook with and drink....

we own a condo at Paradise Villas and never had problem with cistern water. We use bottled water mostly to dring and tap water(cistern) for cofee, etc and never had any problems

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I suppose different people have different sensitivities.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.