Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233363 03/24/07 09:59 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi- Is there any place I can find an extended weather forecast for AC (not belize city). We are coming down on Wed and it appears to be rainy right now from what I can gather- I'm trying to get a picture of the weather to expect Wed-Mon this week. Are the roads going to be terribly bad this week from the rain?
Thanks

B
OP Offline
B
I was looking at the Belize City forecast posted on the weather section of this site- says rain all week long. I'm hoping it won't delay flights on Wednesday.

Originally Posted by BeachBride07
I was looking at the Belize City forecast posted on the weather section of this site- says rain all week long. I'm hoping it won't delay flights on Wednesday.

BeachBride, the weather in Belize City & the weather on AC is like being in two different worlds. We've been on the Island since February 21st and may have had two SLIGHTLY rainy days. Other than that it's been phenominal!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
P
P
We use this site, and it seems as reliable as anything else in the tropcs: http://www.hydromet.gov.bz/

We are arriving this week also for the first time to AC but have travelled fairly extensively throughout the rest of the Caribbean and have found long-term forecasts(past 24 hours) to be pretty useless. For sure they are usually wrong especially as you get further south (away from the cold front influence near the states). Tradewinds being what they are usually mean a shower can happen anytime, anyplace. Gotta love those northeasterly winds. Plan ahead no further than that 24 hours and you will not be disappointed. Can't wait, dry or wet!! Like that hydromet site, not bad.

B
OP Offline
B
That makes sense- I was expecting the typical tropical afternoon shower, however I was asking this question mainly to determine if flights and road conditions on AC would be ok this week. The BC weather report seemed overly pessimistic this week- especially on Wed when we are suppose to be flying in. I have to tell you I am not a huge fan of those tiny hopper planes- especially in nasty weather.
It would also be easier for us with dry roads- we will be all over the island doing resort recon for our upcoming November nuptials. Other than that, as long as the rain is warm it's better than here (30 degrees).

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.