Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jilgen Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I've been visiting these boards a lot over the past several weeks and thought that I had the perfect honeymoon planned for this coming October. We are starting at Chaa Creek in the Cayo and were planning on booking Victoria House in SP. I just found out that VH is not accepting reservations for a few weeks in October while they complete annual maintenance.

We were looking forward to staying in a beach front casita, but are now forced to look at other options. Mata Chica seems to have nice casitas but I am concerned about it being far on the North side of the island. Can anyone help with other honeymoon worthy recomendations on AC? It is the only wedding task that I am solely responsible for, so I don't want to screw it up! Thanks in advance for the help.

- Josh

Xanadu!!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

VH. is a class place very nice if you want same,And If you want stay top notch and might want want to try north ,again you must check who is open in oct a few close for vacation .But Portofino is a first class place ,great staff and owner manager on property nice restaurant/beach has it all . . Another winner Azul first class, very small intimate all suite property ,plus Rojo lounge world renowned the best food/bar plus nice beach .Two great places but again look around but the two above are very nice for a wonderful romantic honeymoon ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Excellent suggestions from both.

jilgen:

I am sold on Xanadu. My wife and I will be there in May. for the second time. Probably everytime we visit San Pedro. The Staff are excellent. Susan makes sure that all your needs/ requirements are taken care of.

There is a seawall on thier beach, and the water is not condusive to swiming from the beach because of the eel grass. But It has a long dock with a swiming area cordoned off that is perfect. The end of the Dock has a Palapa with Lounge chairs and stairs leading into the water for easy access to the swim area. The grounds are maintained every day. There is a friendly Staff that greets you every morning, afternoon and evening with a sincere smile. The security is first rate and friendly. and the rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The Pool is always clean, and the grounds well maintained. They offer free bikes to allow you to explore the Isle, ( they are 1.5 Mi south of the town center) or will arrange a Golf cart ( at the going rate) for you should that be what you prefer. I heartily recommed a golf cart. Best decision we made, other than booking Xanadu smile

There is no resturaunt on the premise , But we found that to be a good thing. We were compelled to seek out places to eat, and how great they are. Read some of Cap't Jeffs trip reports. He does not exaggerate, or embelish. The cusine on SP is world class.

I am sure there are other fine places on SP, of this I have no doubt, But for my choice of where to stay, I'll take Xanadu every time.

One more thing!! Have a Happy Honymoon, you could not have picked a better place to spend it.

Never Use money to measure wealth
My wife and I were married at the Blue Tang Inn and honneymooned there as well. It was a great location with terrific staff. I highly recommend it. It's not a plushy expensive resort and has no food service, but hoenstly, it was everything we needed and more. Nice pool, Wet Willies is out on the pier in front of the hotel, and like I said, I loved the location.

deadserious, have you been to Victoria house? Blue Tang is just an OK kind of place, glad you liked it, but hardly on a par with Victoria House. Don't want Josh starting out on the wrong foot on his honeymoon - especially since he was only given one job. Which is more then most men are given. Enjoy

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
What about Ramones, I think they have a honeymoon suite, they have a great beach area & restarant & Bar, good location.

S
S
A variation on this question comes up from time to time. I think respondents should say if they have even stayed at VH when recommending an alternative. Nothing comes remotely close to VH, in the form of a hotel/resort, South. Captjeff's recommendations are worthy of your attention.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.