Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#233637 03/28/07 12:53 AM
OP Offline
I have been a subscriber of International Living magazine for years now. In one of the first issues I saw a full page ad advertising lots for sale in Palm Bay Club on Ambergris Caye.

So, I made payments on a piece of property in Palm Bay Club starting in 1993 and got title several years later. It is the only piece of land I own in the world. I bought it because I felt it would be great to have a PIECE OF FREEDOM available should I need it someday.

Should something happen to the super power to the North and make it very desirable to move away, then I knew I would have a place of safety on a paradise island to escape to. As war brews and nuclear fears shake our once peaceful world my investment in Palm Bay is looking better all the time.

I started this new thread hoping that we could fill it up with solid information about Palm Bay Club so that people interested in buying a piece of property in this best development on Ambergris Caye would be educated enough to make an intelligent decision to do so.

PALM BAY HISTORY AND INFORMATION

The land now being developed as the Palm Bay Club has an exciting and romantic history. The area was known as Bacalar.
The channel that separates Belize and Mexico is known as Boca Bacalar Chico or mouth of the small Bacalar channel. This channel was the work of the Mayan centuries ago who needed access to the seas from their settlements on the mainland.

The town of Bacalar is across the Mexican border near the bay of Chetumal. It was through the Boca Bacalar Chico that the Mayan were able to access the ocean from the bay. Later it was used by Spaniards and the English.

The Mexican town of Xcalac is four to five miles north and across the channel from the Palm Bay Club. Here food and
building supplies can be purchased.

The Mayan's channel is an important and unique monument to the original inhabitants. It also became the demarcation line that seperates Belize from Mexico and established the international border. The channel connected with the major trade routes of the Mayan.

The Palm Bay Club fronts on the beautiful lagoon which is protected by the barrier reef. At the southern part of the lagoon the reef actually comes into the land at Reef Point.
To enter the lagoon by sea you must enter through one of the cuts or openings in the reef.

PALM BAY CLUB WILL BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SETTING ON AMBERGRIS

The original developers of Palm Bay Club had a vision of single family, low impact development. They wanted to have restrictive covenants governing the development. The developers intended to assist the lot owners in identifying and selecting the most suitable architectural designs for the area utilizing solar energy and building materials indigenous to the area.

Because of the proximity to Mexico, some of the very attractive tiles and Mexican materials were intended by the developers to be utilized in conjunction with the Belizean hardwoods. Architectural designs done specifically for the area by the Frank Lloyd Wright Institute were to be made available at no cost to lot owners.

The area inside the lagoon is approximately 4 miles long. The future of this area as to commercial development is dependent on market demand, the construction of the road from San Pedro, the construction of a bridge across Boca Bacalar Chico into Mexico, and the construction of an airstrip in the area to accomodate commuter planes.

K
K
Roads, bridges and airstrips...is that you Corona Steve?

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
OP Offline
EARLY VISION OF THE THREE ORIGINAL DEVELOPERS OF PALM BAY CLUB

The original planners of the Palm Bay Club had a dream about what they wanted to accomplish for the Palm Bay Club development.
I have quoted their original thoughts below and this is taken from the original source material on Palm Bay Club. I am hoping these ideas can be taken up and championed by all those who want these dreams fulfilled for the Palm Bay Club. The words below were penned in the early 1990s.

"The property management company will be combined with the first small low impact hotel to be built at Palm Bay to give a central location where rentals and services can be coordinated.

The developers of Palm Bay will react to market demand to make Palm Bay a unique resort that is responsive to the needs and the desires of the lot owners. They have created a community for people who are looking for security, peace and all the recreation that the sea and the reef have to offer without the commercialization of many of the destination resorts in the world.

The developers will preserve the environment and maintain the ambiance and enchantment of the area that was enjoyed by the Mayan royalty more than a millenium ago; and later, the Spanish and English adventurers. Palm Bay is that special place for those who want a resort that is different.

The developers believe that a road from San Pedro and the airstrip will be completed in the next few years. In the master plan, certain areas will be designated for hotel and condominium sites. There will also be an area designated for a small commercial facility to accomodate the residential population. Other considerations will be the environmental restraints."

In another post I hope to impart the importance of a homeowners association to be put together so that everything can be maintained in tip top shape and that the land may retain its rising investment value.

Sincerely, ELDORADO777

S
S
You're about 15 years ahead of yourself.

OP Offline
You are right Jesse. Talking about a homeowner's association right now is a little premature. I will let that one go for a few more years. :- )

THE UNIQUENESS OF PALM BAY CLUB

Palm Bay Club is unique on the whole coast of Central America. It is sheltered by the second longest barrier reef in the world (hey all you divers, here is a chance to grab a good retirement location). It is just a short distance from an international border and you could sleep in Palm Bay by night and enjoy life in a Mexican village by day on those days you are not fishing, diving, or windsurfing in the Belizean waters off of Palm Bay Club.

It is a great investment to diversify your portfolio with. Or, just own it knowing that you have your own PLACE OF FREEDOM near a loosely guarded international border where you can build and live inexpensively if you decide to live life stress free as it should be lived. If you build, there will be a demand for rentals in the future. So it can become a second income source for those who are willing to wait a while longer.

In Palm Bay Club you have the very best ambiance the Carribean has to offer. Low rainfall, tropical palms that grow to the beach and the crystal clear and unpolluted turquoise water that extends out one half mile to the protection of the world's second best and longest diving and snorkeling reef.

S
S
Palm Bay is awesome!

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
Here is a letter I got from one of the developers about 10 years ago that shows you some historical developments on this property and more of the vision of the original developers:

"....Believe it or not, there are already two houses under construction at Palm Bay. We are also negotiating with Carribean Depot, a bulldozer and grader company in San Pedro, to keep the beachfront and all the roads in good condition and clean every three months. We have estimated that if each lot owner pays $80.00 per year into the Homeowner Association that is being formed by Palm Bay XXXXXX Ltd. of which myself and my brother XXXXX XXXXXXXXX (names are not given on purpose) are now the managers, this entire subdivision would be kept in good shape.

Some great news regarding our area and the lower portion of Yucatan Peninsula is that Mexico has announced plans to build eighteen eco-tourist resorts between Port Herrera and Xcalak and invest one billion dollars to develop infrastructure, roads, water, power, phone, and cable.

By having a proper Homeowners Association, we keep Palm Bay and all our investments, including yours and ours, in a good viable position. We still have property to develop, including the Marina, which should only increase in value very handsomely over the next few years." (again, this was written about 10 years ago and shows you the vision of the developers and some more history of Palm Bay Club)

S
S
Cory no doubt.

It's been slow going up there, but me and my sister got a beachfront lot last month. I'm sure we paid 10x what you did back in the day!

The best piece of the island in my opinion.

SIN

S
S
A wonderful gift for your grandkids!

S
S
Exponential growth, I think the next five years will prove more development than the last twenty.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.