Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: motorcycle and scooter (rentals and repairs) [Re: ] #232007
03/09/07 10:56 PM
03/09/07 10:56 PM
San Pedro& Indiana
indygal Offline
indygal  Offline
bring money - this place is not cheap

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Re: motorcycle and scooter (rentals and repairs) [Re: indygal] #234003
03/31/07 06:26 AM
03/31/07 06:26 AM
St Louis, Mo., USA/San Pedro
Laguna Punta Offline
Laguna Punta  Offline
A motorcycle/scooter repair shop is very much in need in San Pedro. My HondaExpress needs experienced attention from time to time and we only have golf cart mechanics on the island...to my knowledge. More and more motorcycles and scooters are arriving on the island all the time...and, many are sold on the island at the Hardware Stores. A motorscooter rental was on the island last year...but, I believe, no longer so. Good luck.

Gone fishing!!
Re: motorcycle and scooter (rentals and repairs) [Re: Laguna Punta] #234041
03/31/07 03:41 PM
03/31/07 03:41 PM
C
cracked up Offline
cracked up  Offline
C
The Belize mainland has fantastic on and off-road riding. 100's of miles of logging roads and single track trails. Very easy to get lost though when off-road.
San Pedro is limited now due to development. It's now a fairly easy ride to the Bocalar Chica area. Used to be a pretty hard ride.
With more bikes showing up here, a guy knows what he's doing, he could probably do ok with a small shop here in SPR. he won't get rich though. Parts aren't that hard to get, just takes time. I'm not sure about the parts availability for the off-brands that are showing up in SPR. I doubt if the local sellers have any parts stock at all. The Mennonites that are importing the off-brands do have a good parts stock though in Spanish Lookout.
Lime still rents scooters.

Re: motorcycle and scooter (rentals and repairs) [Re: ] #234051
03/31/07 04:22 PM
03/31/07 04:22 PM
Cayo West, Belize, Hills of Et...
F
Falconview Offline
Falconview  Offline
F
I got a job for your right away! Been trying to get some young Belizeans to make me a bicycle front wheel drive motor like the ancient Solex of fifty years ago. Make me one for $150 USA from a weed eater motor, to attach to a bicycle and I'll buy. Even help you form a company to produce them. I tried last year to get the local trade school, called ITVET in San Ignacio to do that, but they said the students weren't interested in applied mechanical skills. Too bad, the Mennonites do well at it.
Checked SOLEX in Hungary last week, but they changed the engine of old, to a new type to work off unleaded gas and the style and price went way too high for a profit making idea. You need a 36 to 1 gear I would think and a V shaped groove in a Santa Maria wood pully to drive the tire when the motor is lowered down by hand. A lawn mower throttle. All that stuff is here, just needs somebody to put it together. New Weedeaters sell here for $150 USa, so just a motor with gear and grooved driver for the tire, should be able to do it for a little less. If it can be done, there is a business in it I would think. At least I'm willing to try. Just too old myself anymore to diddle with this sort of stuff again.

Falconview
Re: motorcycle and scooter (rentals and repairs) [Re: Falconview] #234053
03/31/07 04:32 PM
03/31/07 04:32 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S
There are a few of these on Ambergris Caye.

Re: motorcycle and scooter (rentals and repairs) [Re: Junie Go-go] #234376
04/04/07 01:09 PM
04/04/07 01:09 PM
Cayo West, Belize, Hills of Et...
F
Falconview Offline
Falconview  Offline
F
I'm very interested in anybody can convert a weed eater motor, to a front wheel bicycle driver.

Contact me: [email protected]

Ray Auxillou
http://folkmusicfl.tripod.com/adventuresinbelize

Falconview
Re: motorcycle and scooter (rentals and repairs) [Re: Falconview] #234381
04/04/07 01:57 PM
04/04/07 01:57 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 120 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,541
Posts491,247
Members19,985
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.