Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#231714 03/07/07 02:22 AM
S
S
FREE boat ride for all pizza purchases

John W. #234222 04/03/07 12:54 AM
On Capt. Morgans ... my wife and I have been to Captain Morgan's twice -- both as resort guests, not timeshare owners. I will say that our observation is that the experience there is different for timeshare owners vs. resort guests ... definitely favors the owners (as the saying goes ... membership has its priviliges). I don't really recommend it as a non-owner resort guest and probably would never have gone back on that basis. We, however, bought a timeshare there -- something we never thought we'd do, much less seriously consider. We love the place and ownership took away the things that annoyed us. We are very much looking forward to our future stays there over the next 99 years wink (next one is 5/26 - 6/2). So the bottom line is that the place is nice (its rated 5 stars for pete's sake) and enjoyable but definitely geared towards timeshare owners. THe beach is nice and generally kept clean. The beaches on AC are different though ... pretty much just for lounging, and the Capt Morgan's beaches are very lounge-able.

As for the North End in general: As you may have read ... the North end of the island is all about seclusion and it is a VERY relaxing place to be and unwind from what you are trying to get away from by going there. But if you are prone to boredom and/or like meal variety ... beware, it IS still very secluded up north and you will definitely want to go to town (San Pedro being the one and only).

San Pedro is a great little town and can be a lot of fun. Wonderful eating options abound. You can have the best of both by staying North and coming into town as you desire, just be prepared to suck it up and pay the ABSURD water taxi rates from the north end to town. Last we were there it was $14USD/each round trip ... which, depending on where you are from, may not sound bad UNTIL you consider that a water taxi from San Pedro to Belize City only costs $27.50 USD/each round trip. So if that aggregious bilking of tourists (That's not what the locals pay)will boil your blood like it did/does mine, then the north side of the cut may not be for you either.

Can't say anything about the other place you are looking into.

If you have an inkling that you'd like to get into town frequently, I recommend you search this site for options closer in. I though Victoria House looked pretty nice, but we haven't stayed there.

Feel free to PM if you want to probe more into my experiences.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.