Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#232709 03/17/07 11:46 AM
OP Offline
i saw this thread reviewing the site. was wondering how many have tried this? i would think it would be a good choice for me, from new orleans, i can get direct flights to cancun with out going thru a terminal city (houston, miami, etc) any idea on the time of the ride from cancun to san pedro? also..why not fly to cancun from belize city and back, any ideas why that doesnt happen?

coach fish

D
D
Use the search feature to get it from the experts but I intend to try it out on our next trip. I did check out the road, buses and cost while in cancun last time. 22 US from cancun to chetumal by bus. Roads were real good buses were nice. Not sure on cost with bus change from chetumal to corozal or if there would be enough time to catch the last flight over to A/C. So a motel in Corozal might have to be added in there. Flights to Cancun will have to be much cheaper to cover these expenses but only one way to find out. Good luck and let us know.

have done it a lot, max 8 hours bus ride. there are various level busses, including a pretty much non stop. also, there are no flights from cancun to belize city that i know of. even the chetumal to cancun flights come and go

We did the small flight to Corazol, taxi to Chetumal Bus to Cancun 4 years ago. Make sure you get the EXPRESS bus and take a sweater on it! You get 2 movies... one in english and one in spanish. But it's a nice trip.

I'm ON MY WAY! 2 hours till i leave for the Airport!!! WOO HOO..........

looking for special place to retire.
40 years breeding Multiple Best In Show Old English Sheepdogs
D
D
OESGwynedd,
Really would be an honor to buy you guys a drink at some point. Let me know if that could be arranged. Thanks to both of you for your service and have a great time in San Pedro.
PS The closest brew to me is Canuks but let me know when and where.

We traveled that way Aug last year, US20 each and 5 hours on the bus.

Had to overnight Chetumal as we arrived at 11.00pm.

S
S
Hotel Maya (Corozal) works with San Juan and Linea Dorado, they take you across the boarder and no need for a transfer service. You pay them for the ride straight through to Cancun or Playa (with automatic transfers to the luxury bus in Chet).

Easiest way. Belize City's agents are at the Marine Terminal and Amigos by the bridge in Santa Elena, Cayo.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
thanks for the info guys,

beings i one of these guys that is in git there mode from the moment i leave the house i guess im going to stick to flights since im not real excited about 5 hr bus rides, etc. lol.

fish

I would think at certain times of the year especially you could pick up some R.T. cheap tickets to Cancun. The savings would make the expense by bus from Cancun to Xcalak pale in comparison to the expense of the R.T. plane ticket to Belize.

I would like to hear from more people who made this trip. Please tell us of your experiences in saving money this way. Those who are going to Palm Bay club only at the northern end of Ambergris would really be saving money I would think by flying into Cancun instead of going by way of Belize.

ELDORADO-777

C
C
My wife and I have done the trip several times. It's an option if you have a spirit of adventure and are willing to add an extra day to your trip. The five hour bus ride is long, but if you are one who can sleep on a bus, it's not bad. It is chilly though, I don't know why they keep the busses so cool. The airport is south of Cancun so it is faster to take a shuttle to Playa Del Carmen and take the ADO bus from there to Chetumal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.