Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#234194 04/02/07 06:46 PM
S
shh576 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
i am travelling to belize for the first time soon--i am planning on spending time on caye caulker and on ambergris caye
question...
which caye should i spend time on first??? is one better than the other as far as taking day trips--snorkeling, etc.
curious

T
T
I stayed on Caye Caulker and did three days of scuba diving and there are many sailing, snorkeling and fishing trips offered there; as well as inland excursions. You can do the same stuff on either island I beleive. Caulker is just supposed to be smaller and slightly slower with less people. Am I right people who know?
Hope it helps : )

yep. I would start on AC to get a feel for what is available as far as nightlife, restaurants, excursions and tours inland. Basically then, you can get a subset of that same experience on CC at a slower pace. Depends on your tastes really. I barely got to see CC on my last trip and can't wait to spend more time there -- but I'm glad I know all that is available on AC first.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Caulker is cheaper for just about everything and most of the same tours, diving, etc are available from there. AC has more to offer in the way of hotel & restaurant choices, nightlife, amenities (Jet skis, parasailing, etc) Caulker is like AC used to be 20 years ago.
If you are splitting the trip up, why not spend part on the mainland rainforest and part on 1 of the cayes. It would be much more varied and a fuller experience of the country, than 2 islands 12 miles apart from each other. Or if you want 2 beach areas, how about 1 of the cayes and 1 of the southern shore areas like Placencia or Hopkins. Just some ideas on how to get the most (IMO) from a Belize trip!

Great idea Barbara. I wouldn't be nearly as in love with Belize if it weren't for my time inland.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
We always spend a few days on Caulker before going to the fast pace of S.P.

H
H
Well I go to cc rather than SP only because I am trying to get away from the past pace of life. I see the attraction if your younger than I but I really just want to dive and relax.

Don't wait till it's to late to say I love you
Hon Offline
Where do you all live that San Pedro is 'fast' in comparison?

I live in a rural area outside of a town of less than 7,000 people and I find San Pedro very relaxing smile

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Hon #234788 04/09/07 05:09 PM
C
C
San Pedro is fast!!!!! That does not have to be a bad thing. I meet alot of folks daily in my business who stayed on San Pedro first trip as I did and decide they like C.C. better. The biggest fear of most of C.C. residents is that it will end up like San Pedro. I come from Montana, near Glacier Park, prior to that 25 yrs in Hawaii. On the flip side my children love S.P. but if its their dime they cant afford it. Its a great place, great food, much more variety of things. I often question all the messages from folks who just love S.P. but why not? Its not a bad place , everyone has different taste.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
A
AlJ Offline
A
Cooper:
Where in Montana? We were in Glacier last summer and loved it. We met a guy on Caulker in Feb from Montana talking to Carlos Ayala. Anyone you know?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day