Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
OP Offline
B
My fiance and I just got back from our 'wedding recon' trip to AC (3/28-4/2). The entire first two days we spent on a golf cart visiting every single 'resort' there is- going as far north as Journeys End (talk about kidney jangling roads) and down South too. Took water taxis to check out a few resorts up north too- got sucked into a timeshare pitch at Costa Maya (very annoying because we were there with a purpose (wedding!), but at least the sales lady didn't push very hard and we got a free 24 hr golf cart rental).

We stayed at Paradise Villas (booked our trip very last minute- like 4 days before we left so didn't have many options). We were pleasantly surprised by the accomodations and the grounds are very pretty. Downside to this place: Dogs bark all night long- can't sleep on Wed b/c next door to Wet Willy's bar VERY LOUD- no service/management on site and an empty pool bar- the bed linens are clean but the towels are very ratty with bleach spots. Couldn't have our guests stay here- we needed a place with service onsite, but it's a great place to stay if just the two of us returned. It seemed like the nicest place in town.

We have pictures/video and comments on just about every place to stay- if anyone is interested just let me know.

We really enjoyed the weather- it never felt hot unless we were hoofing it around the center of town. I wished I had brought a few more light long sleeved shirts for out on the water and at night.

LOVED SNORKELING! We are divers, but I had an ear infection just clearing up and couldn't get my ears to equalize properly (even the plane ride was miserable). We didn't want to miss out so we booked a snorkel trip to Hol Chan & Shark Ray. For some reason we were the only two people to go so we got the guide all to ourselves- Fabulous trip. Only been diving on the pacific side- loved the colorful fish and coral. We went again the next day with a larger group of people- somewhat annoying and hectic with everybody flailing around knocking into us but we broke away and had a nice time again. Can't wait to come back for some diving.

Okay- now I would like to pose a few questions, if I may.
We are considering coming back either the first week of November or the first week of December with about 20 other people for our wedding. I have some concerns about the weather... I felt that the weather was the perfect temperature this time around (with the breeze) and I am worried that it will be too 'cold' in Nov/Dec to really enjoy the myriad of water/carribean activities. Does anyone have a comment on what the weather is like- is it still shorts & tank weather during the day or does it actually get chilly. Are all the water activities still hoppin and do you need a wetsuit to be in the water? Also any comments on the rain would be helful too. If you had to pick between November or December- which would you go with and why?
(I also heard something about biting sand flea season???)

So, we are pretty laid back and if it was just the two of us traveling we wouldn't care what was going on- but I'm responsible for 20 other people having a good time at a place I picked and that puts a lot of pressure on a gal! (I also tried searching the web and the forum archive and didn't find much so any comment would be helpful).

Overall, it was a great trip and we are excited to get back ASAP.

My wife and I have been to AC twice, the first time just after Thanksgiving in 2005 and last year for ten days before Thanksgiving. The weather was great both times--never too hot or too cool, and very little rain. Water temps were just fine both times. We are going back this coming November from the 11th to the 21st.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
We haven't been down in December but were down the first 2 weeks of last November. It rained the first 3 days we were there, but no rain after that. For the most part, the temperature was really nice - not too hot and not cool; we wore shorts, t-shirts and swim suits the whole time. There seemed to be a few days of unseasonally warm temps, which we enjoyed, but some locals commented that it was hotter than usual for November.

We snorkeled, and the water was fine. I think the water is pretty much the same temperature year around. The pool, however, was a little chilly in the mornings, but once the afternoon sun came out, it felt great!

I would imagine that anytime, the weather would be somewhat unpredictable, but you will be in paradise, so a little rain isn't as bothersome! Since the rainy season isn't officially over until Dec 1, I would guess that December would be less rainy, but again, it's very unpredictable.

Cold? You're worried about it being cold? I don't live there but only known it to be a bit chilly at night and I'm from TX so chilly to me is like low 70's. Be concerned about rain... but not cold. Yes, shorts and tanks all year round. I don't think Nov. and Dec. are much different aside from hurricane season ending in Nov. Cold in the states so all the people go to the warmer parts of the world so obviously, more people in Belize during that time.

I really like Paradise Villas and saw the management often when I stayed there.

Keep in mind that if your concerned about good night sleep, you may think about staying outside of town. I have stayed at so many places in town and if it's not the dogs, early morning construction, radios at local stores blaring, it's something. However, that to me is part of the charm. smile

What about Victoria House?

B
OP Offline
B
We enjoyed our stay at Paradise Villas and personally didn't have a problem being left to our own devises (saw management at check-in and check-out) ;-) I didn't mean to sound too negative- it's easier to list the downside than all the good stuff. The good stuff was that the property was beautiful (the maintenance people were out every day watering/preening the property)- pool not crowded with cushy chairs- roomy unit with central AC- and we enjoyed spending time on our balcony on the 2nd floor. We felt safe at night and had a parking spot for our golf cart. I will say that the units are privately owned and we got one with very uncomfortable furniture and not well decorated (7B- garden side- chose it cuz the central AC)- but we were talking to others who had better stuff. I thought that if someone came thru there are renovated all the units and decorated/furnished them more comfortably they would be to die for.
We would stay there again- but we would go out and buy a very loud fan to drown out the background noise! I'm a light sleeper and sleep with a loud fan at home too... :-) We were up every day at 5:30 am but then pooped by 9pm and wanted to turn in (BZ is 2hrs ahead of us!).

Anyway- I did put 'cold' in ' ' :-) I just felt that it was so breezy last week that if the temperature dropped another 5-7 degrees I would be quite chilly! Is it less breezy in December so that it all evens out windchill wise??
Vic House looked really beautiful but just a bit too pricey for our guests.

I arrived for my 8th trip on AC last Thanksgiving Day. It rained some of the time - but never enough to be bothersome. However, the windy was quite strong, and the temperature was about 10 degrees cooler than usual. Consequently, I did not have the opportunity to hop on a snorkel boat or even spend too much time by the pool. It became a different sort of vacation - enjoyable just the same. So, you can't really predict what the weather will really do - but you can always adjust and enjoy yourself without trying very hard laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
S
S
I went to AC in November (several years ago) and it rained EVERY DAY - not a wash out - but rain and bugs and rain.

We were there last Christmas (2006) and it sprinkled on us once.

We had one day that was cool, but nothing that stopped us from doing anything.

I dove in a long sleeve T-shirt, no wet suit, and I was fine the whole time. The long sleeve T-shirt helps with the sunburn, and I wore light weight long sleeve shirt most the time.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
L
L
Bride- doesn't sound like you really "loved" it.

I have a question... and I'm not trying to be rude, I generally want to know... and this is for anyone reading this post... why would anyone listen to a sales pitch about a timeshare knowing that they definitely would not buy into it (or whatever it is)? I have never ever done it... I don't have it in me to let a person talk about a product for, sometimes hours, knowing full and well I have no intention on buying. That's like getting a real estate agent to take time out of his/her day to drive me around looking at houses out of my price range.... I couldn't do it... in fact I don't think I would be able to live with myself having known I purposely wasted someone's time in order to get something free. Someone please tell me what you think!

I'm pretty honest at 1:13am. lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.