Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#234110 04/01/07 02:56 PM
OP Offline
Can anybody tell me how the construction is going at the Cloisters?

flip flop #234144 04/02/07 08:38 AM
Moving right along!!

Can't find my plane...
D
D
Can anyone provide more specific information about this property? Any pictures? The website is pretty limited and I can't find anything on Trip Advisor.

Is the beach area better/ worse than any other area of AC? Are there restaurants/ stores within walking distance?

Thanks.

G
G
See the chat area about March 17th

GBZ39 #234395 04/04/07 03:36 PM
D
D
Thanks GB. I have read those posts. I understand some units are finished, more are being built and there is no pool at this time. I'd really like some info from someone who has stayed there.

I believe you may have been part of that discussion, so perhaps you might share some more specific information?

Was the construction bearable (daytime hours) OR hammers and saws were going 24 hours a day?

Do the units look like the website pics? Any additonal pics to share?

Any particular problems with logistics? Restaurants & stores within walking distance? Easy access to taxi/ water taxi? OR you won't see anyone but Bob the Builder without a golf cart and he won't share his lunch or his beer?

Beach is typical for AC OR stay somewhere else if you want to sit on the beach. Loved it will return/ OR hated it and wouldn't stay there again if they paid me?

Anything else would be much appreciated.

D
D
Oops...sorry. "Bob the Builder" (reference to the character in children's books/programs) was only used to represent construction workers in the general sense. I've since learned that Bob really is the name of the builder. What were the odds? I certainly did not mean to offend the real live Bob (the builder) and offer my apologies to him.

G
G
What you see on the web site is what you get.

This part of AC is undergoing development and has changed since I was there in February.....according to imformation on these chats.

The town area and south of town are more developed.

I suggest you contact Bob K using his web site address for more information.

GBZ39 #234462 04/05/07 10:20 AM
D
D
I really do appreciate that you took the time to respond even though you were unable to answer my questions. Maybe someone else out there can help.

Has anyone else stayed at the Cloisters or do you know about the property? Did you enjoy your stay? Would you stay there again? Was the unit clean? Was the bed comfortable? Did the appliances work?

We've never been to San Pedro but we are planning to come in the near future. We want a simple base of operation to snorkel, perhaps visit Mayan ruins and sit on the beach and read. We can live without a pool and a hot tub. We want to meet the people of San Pedro and learn what makes AC different than anyplace else in the world.

We plan to eat most meals in local restarants. Can we get to some of them easily?

We realize that there is noise associated with construction and that hammers usually start early in the morning. We're fairly early risers and can always use ear plugs.

Where is the consruction on the property? Is it between the beach and the completed buildings or behind them?

We've been researching this for nearly a year and I've looked at every property attached to this website as well many that are not. I've also followed up on the many hepful suggestions from other postings on this board.

We're down to making a final decision and just need to tie up some loose ends. For most properties, consumers have posted on Trip Advisor or similar sites. That is not available for this property so I thought this would be the next appropriate place to come.

Perhaps, I have simply been biased by experiences related to properties rented from websites in other countries. I've just learned that these are the kinds of questions better answered by those who have no financial interest in their response.

G
G
We have stayed there for the last three years...over a month at a time. We'll return next year.

From your questions, I Feel you'll be more comfortable south of the cut.

GBZ39 #234486 04/05/07 11:23 AM
D
D
Would you mind sharing what you like about the property that brings you back each year?

Other than private homes, most places South of the cut seem a little busy for us.

Based on what we've learned, this property and the Turtleman's House are two of our favorites.

It kind of reminds us of the converted coffee barn we rented in Hawaii for our honeymoon. It was amazing! A cute little gecko lived behind the clock on the wall. When the wind blew, a banana tree scraped across the tin roof.

Now we're anxious to see what special memories we will take home from our trip to AC. We just have to find exactly the right spot.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.