Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jan Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Coming to AC next week -- can't wait -- sounds like a paradise! Will be there 7 days. Planning on Mayan ruins -- any suggestions as to best one for a day trip. Want to do a day of deep sea fishing -- any recommendations. Will do some snorkeling--Shark's Alley sounds good. Any other snorkeling suggestions? Message board makes CC sound intriguing -- good for a day trip?--what's there? Staying at the Palms -- is this centrally located? Any other suggestions of things to do, other than R&R?

I highly recommend Amigos Del Mar for the snorkle trip(s). My friend and I had the boat (and George, our guide) all to ourselves. You might also consider taking the Scuba resort course. You start the morning with a video and are able to do 2 dives that same day.
I don't know any of the tour operators, but I do know you want to go to Lamanai with a stop at the Maruba Spa for lunch.
Have a wonderful trip!

F
F
try to book with willie from Sea-rious tours for altun ha/lamanai, he has a beautifulful new boat that is alot of fun in the river and is a very knowledgeable guide.

[This message has been edited by fred (edited 07-10-2000).]

this meesage created by 100% recycled electrons
A relaxing day trip is a snorkle/sail trip on the Me Too /Hustler catamaran from AC to CC.You stop at sting ray/shark alley and Hol Chan usually. Lunch on you in CC and a little while to walk the town. a few shops on the main drag. But interesting to see the small Island. Used to be more laid back before the planes started landing there. We have done this trip with the Me Too (or on the Rum Punch every Thanksgiving day for 10 years or so. Enjoy your trip.

Stephi G
Frequent Belize Traveler
Since 1989
jan;

We took the Lamani trip with "SeaDuced by Belize" last April. Even the most jaded travelers among us were impresed and had a blast. Several snorkeling operators combine a day trip to Shark Alley with a long stop at Caye Caulker. Great fun.. We've used the Winnie Estelle five times for that trip. (More for the boat than anything else)

You probably want to do what they refer to as reef fishing. About $120 a half day and you should get VERY tried of catching fish. We have used the Blakely brothers arranged through Victoria House several times. I fish at least ten times a year in AC, but have to keep some secrets to myself. Have fun...you WILL go back.

J
jan Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks to all who've replied. Counting the days!!!

L
L
jan,
Would you mind letting me know how you liked the Palms when you get back as I am considering staying there. Also, I have heard they will negotiate on price--is this true? Enjoy your trip. Thanks.

S
S
Hi Jan... We will be staying at The Palms beginning Monday the 17th... Looking forward to meeting you !!

Scott

J
jan Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the reports regarding snorkeling, fishing and mayan trips -- however, nothing about the Palms? The Palms was chosen by someone else in my group, and I don't know what to expect.

Scott -- I'm arriving the latter part of the week, hope to see you.

Itaylor4 -- I will give you a report of the Palms when I return.

Thanks all -- less than 1 week before I'm there!!!

L
L
I was looking for Jan to hear about her trip and how she liked The Palms. Jan, if you are back, please post when you get a chance. Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.