Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Looking thru my photos from SP and I remembered I wanted to ask about this.

Just north of Victoria house is a walled off area. It seems to be very overgrown.

What is/was that?

thanks,

lee

S
S
The Escalante Estate

OP Offline
Is that Mr Escalante's home?

Looking at the sat map, it was not nearly as overgrown when the picture was taken.

Yes it is the Escalante estate. And plants can overgrow and take over in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks when we experience good rains.

its a wonderful property. i love staying there. the softest sand on the island = happy feet. HUGE piece of property. Wil & Rose keep it pretty much the way it has been for years. i highly recommend staying there. great view from the roof, there is a very nice area up there with chairs etc, there is also a covered porch swing that is awesome to relax in rain or shine.

they live there but rent a couple LARGE areas on the left side of the home. Complete with circular bars, TV's, phones that work without paycards, tv, stereo, hot tub in one of them. Beautiful paintings on the walls literally as well as canvases by Rose, she is a very accomplished artist. My office walls benefit greatly from her work!!!

the areas they rent aren't just ROOMS, they are like apartments. washers dryers, glasses, plates, stove, frig, silverware, the works. and they are LARGE-ish.

http://members.cox.net/casaescalante/

C
C
will and rose are very nice people, they have a beautiful place, there apartments are amazing, her art work is some of the best i have seen on the island, they are long time friends of my family.

L
LJ Offline
L
I stayed at Casa Escalante in January,along with my wife and son.Rose and Will make you feel like you are part of their family.We can not say enough good things about them.We brought home with us a "Rose Escalante" original oil painting,we treasure it.I can not imagine staying anywhere else,since we have stayed there.There son Jules and his wife Melinda live there also.They were usually working while we were there,so we did not see them much,but they are great people also.I consider it my new home while we are in San Pedro.Here is a link to some pics we took there,I posted it before but I like to show them off. http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/ljfee

Last edited by LJ; 04/09/07 10:37 PM.
great pics LJ.... thanks....

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.