Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#235018 04/12/07 09:53 AM
OP Offline
I will be in AC this Saturday and I have a couple last minute questions:
1) Do I need a wet suit for diving? What is the water temperature?
2) Are ATM's available

I need another vacation.
1. Probably don't need the wetsuit. Water temp is warmish now. Don't know what temp but the heat is finally cranking up in Belize. However you should consider a skin because this time of the year we often have the man o war jelly fish and a stray tentacle will get your attention! You can probably rent a wetsuit here if you don't want to carry yours.
2. Yes, we have atms. Don't know what the limits are, but we have them and they work.

K
K
Water temps should be right around 80F..possibly a few degrees higher. I dive there with only a dive skin...my wife wears a 3mm suit since she gets cold easier than I do.
Yes..there are ATM's in town..but I'm sure they charge a decent size fee to withdraw money from a US account.

R
R
does anyone know what the average temp is at around 40 feet or deeper? ( in late april/early may)

the ATM limit has been at $500 Belize withdrawal-able daily, at least when I was last there in February. There are fees, a couple of US dollars on each end. May depend on your bank.

when in doubt...do without
RN I've never noticed a difference in water temp at depth except the Blue Hole.
I'll be there the same time as you 5/5-5/12.
Speaking of jelly fish I had a purple Man o War roll up on my arm last May, WOW! the most pain I ever experienced, spent 3hrs. at the clinic on morphine, I would definately wear a 3 mill or shorty with a skin, last May water temp was about 81

OP Offline
Thanks for the come back. It sounds like I should bring my shorty. Does anyone know if there have been any Whale Sharks in the area? Its my understanding that April is the time that they are around Belize. Bob

I need another vacation.
R
R
J Dog- maybe your on my connecting flight smile
I was thinking of bringing my 5mm shorty (full sleeves) then Im thinking Im gonna croak on deck of the boat.. this could be the reason to buy a 3mm shorty and a new skin?

I read somewhere the whalesharks show up around the time of the full moon? It would be wicked to see one!

Hey RN,
I be on the 9am. cont. flite out of Houston arrive Bze at 10:30
Never saw any whalesharks in A.C. logged over 200 dives with Amigos, saw one in Roatan in 91, been to A.C. about every year since 87.
I be wearing a blue Belize hat!

R
R
You'll be there b4 me, I dont arrive til 1:40 off delta. this is my first trip to belize.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.