Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Hello all,

MY wife and I are going to be spending a week @ White Sands Cove starting on May 25th and then heading to Cayo and staying at Chaa Creek for 3 days. Being this is our first time to Belize I was wondering if any of you insiders had any "must sees" or"must do's" while we are there. We are not divers but love snorkling and plan on fishing a couple of days while we are there.

Would you book fishing guides before we get there or just wait until our arrival?

I know this is not a mainland board....but would you rent a car to Chaa Creek or take a shuttle?

We are not sure whether we are going to rent a golf cart for the entire week, or just for a few days.....any opinions?

Do we need to bring rain gear? Any additional must bring items for the trip?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

i personally like driving to cayo, and will be doing so May 18th smile . gives us the freedom to do as we like, as the lodges are somewhat isolated. same with the golf cart, but, to each his own.

it shouldn't be rainy season, but i usually take the el cheap-o ponchos that come in a pouch. my theory is that if i DON'T have them, then it will rain. for cayo, bring flashlights.

i never travel without a hat, bandanas, bug spray and mucho ziplocs. as many ziplocs as i bring is usually how many i use. (for wet bathing suits, hot sauce & rum, shampoo, sandy flip flops, sea shells, etc...).

otherwise, bring your sense of humor, and leave your expectations at home!

sj, wow! Can you pack for me???

Book your fishing guides ,now !! check out my monthly fishing trip reports I try to fish each month and do a report .You want a local guide,not some pickup guide want to be. If you want to see my fishing photos and get yourself ready for great fishing go to fishingsanpedro.com I use pete or abel two local oldtimers they are great !!! have fun go live the dream !!!!

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.