Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#235996 04/21/07 11:39 AM
S
OP Offline
S
How is the real estate market in san pedro these days? do things actually sell or is there a major surplus of properties for sale like in most of the US and Canada?

B
B
I'm not sure if we're in the same slump as the US or Canada, but there's a lot of property on the market right now and not much is moving. Summer is almost upon us which won't help at all.

Hey! There's a lot selling but depends on what and what for. Mike's statement though true is no indication of a trend. We don't have a saturation ratio on many things though you could say there's a lot of condos on the Market. last summer a lot of property sold that people would die for today so yessssssss, fertile market. Can you throw your money at anything? No way! Unless you're looking for long term I don't recommend that. I don't personally, and this is my opinion, think that the US markets movements will effect things here for one main reason. The Island unique, small, and by the reef. People are buying while they can still get in. If you want to turn property find someone savy locally that will risk the same as you. Either that or make a few trips down to see for yourself, because here, being 500 feet one way or the other, could make all the difference. People have attempted comps here with little success. You almost have to be checking the pulse monthly. The challenge is getting the real deals when they come up. There are plenty of people down here ready and waiting pen in hand. One last thought is that Investors shape the communities in ways that can be good or bad. Not everything that seems good, is good for the future of Isla Bonita. Try to use good judgement. People live here. And we who have moved our lives here did so because, it's not ruined. Because we like the friendly people and can see a future protecting the easy going and so natural eden that it is. This goes for the whole Country. Not just Isla Destination #1.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
I know here in Colorado, NEW housing has not slowed down at all. NEW homes are being built faster than you realize there's a subdivision planned....... We bought this house 2 years ago, It was one of the 2 prime lots in te area with a hugh walkout basement, gigantic pie shapped backyard with walk out basement level huge patio. 2 floors up above, 4 bedroom, loft,3 full bathrooms, Family room that has floor to ceiling windows that open up to look out over the Rock Mountain Range of Estes Park and Loveland, a oopen kitchen with all granite counter tops and stainless utilities and a Formal Living and Dining room as well. ALL on a quiet cul de sac. Well, except for all the rug rats wit all dier toys...... I have 2 'packs' of wild coyotes. Today i had a gorgeous Red tailed Hawk 'perching' on the eave of my back house above the kitchen area.
Grade school is 1 block over........... we bought this as an investment..... It's way too big for just me and 4 Old English Sheepdogs and 1 cat rambling around in. //www.ambergriscaye.com/forum/images/icons/default/cool.gif
cool Maybe if Norm would comehome more than once every 4 or 5 months and be able to STAY for a while........ (like that's gonna happen w/in the next 5 years at the earliest)........

The neighbors are nice but they don't understand a) dog breeding and showing nor b) why i travel as i do, be it with the dogs to shows around the world, or to come to AC diving.
I did find a house down there I am in LOVE with. I'm going to really talk the hubby up for when he comes home in June.
I really LOVE this house (did i say that?) and also feel taht my bones and joints are much happier there, than with the cold fronts tht come through here.
I wonder if i could just 'swap' my house for the one down there???? I truly do wonder HOW difficult it would be to move down........ with all my major things (like family antiques) and doggies things i cannot do without?
OES

looking for special place to retire.
40 years breeding Multiple Best In Show Old English Sheepdogs
Hi OESGwynedd

That's a major commitement for sure. Check the current allowances and for the Retirement program if that's your plan otherwise duty's a killer along with the shipping. You may want to do a year here first. It seems like a big expense but could save you a lot more on the back end especially if you end up not being one who loves it full time. No way to know for sure. Everyone loves it a few weeks here and there. Just a few things to think about. Personally I love it. No sign that will change in the forseable future.

S
OP Offline
S
I appreciate all the insight I wasnt asking for investment purposes but more for the viability of employment in said sector. Before you jump all over me I was born in Belize so I am fully aware of the good the bad and the ugly of investors. I am dealing with the same situation though mostly just the bad and ugly where I am now in the tri state are of GA-NC-TN where every mountainside is now a subdivision and it is looking a bit like Beirut.

FYI No slump here in Canada. Housing sales up 17%, last numbers.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.